Walk to 7mile beach?

Newcruiser35

Is it possible to walk to 7mile beach from the pier?

I've read that its alittle more than 3miles, so about a 20min walk. Are there sidewalks the entire way or would we have to walk in the grass or on the road for part of the route?

My husband and I were at one of the bars along 7 mile beach (I can not remember the name). We could see the cruise ship from where we were--so we asked one of the waiters if it was a walkable distance. He said yes it was about 15-20 minutes.

We did the walk in about 50 minutes. There were sidewalks and it was a straight shot--but, VERY hot. The Caribbean is so humid. We are active retirees who walk a couple miles most days.

Good luck!:)

We walked back last time we were there, and it was a very long, hot walk. I'm not sure when you are going, but we went in early May and the afternoon heat was overbearing. It also took much longer than 20 minutes. We are going back in June, and I will definitely take a cab back!

Really no need to walk, to your left of the port are van drivers, very cheap, I think we paid $10 round trip and we went to the end of seven mile beach, there was a restaurant, water toys, snorkeling, showers...good luck

I agree with above poster, it gets hot and I'm from FL

Happy Sailing,

There are not sidewalks for part of the way. No grass either. It is a very busy and narrow road in an urban area. Not much of a hard shoulder to walk on.

The closest end of Seven Mile beach is about 1.5 miles from the port. The spots most cruise ship guests are going to are further yet, about 3 miles or more from the port.

Expect air temps in the high 80s with high humidity. Many people do make the walk. Most of them spend more on drinks as they pass a gas station or the Burger King than the bus fare would have cost to ride in comfort.

Buses cost US$2.50 per person, each way. Taxis about double that. Buses depart from the depot next to the library (one long block inland from the port) and taxis can depart right from the port.

We walked to governors beach on secen mile beach and it was a pleasant walk in mid December. No matter what time of year, I'd do the walk again. Great exercise! We bussed it back though for $2.50/ person

• 2 weeks later...

they look like the old beatle vans (at least the one I was on)...cost the 2 of us $3 one way from port to 7 mile beach...there are regular bus stops, just have to find the sign.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last week. We took a taxi since we didn't want to wait on the bus. It was $5 per person. There was a guy who rode in the front with the driver and provided a few tidbits about the island. Then as everyone exited the bus he asked for a tip for the "tour".

Archived