Steakhouse Questions

zino5

I always thought the dress code was somewhere in between cruise casual (dockers/polo shirt) and elegant night (sports jacket/tie), but then I'm just assuming.. we've never dined in the steak house yet.

I have never worn a jacket. When we do the Steakhouse on "Elegant" night, I wear shirt and tie.

Neither has DH!

We don't go on Elegant night and our reservation card says "smart casual" (I think), he's always done nice Dockers and a collar shirt (polo or dress) and been fine. ;) :D

We don't go on Elegant night and our reservation card says "smart casual" (I think), he's always done nice Dockers and a collar shirt (polo or dress) and been fine. ;) :D
That's my DH's choice of attire as well. I generally opt for nice slacks and a dressier top, but I usually do wear a jacket - just in case it's cold in the steakhouse.

Pifff, last time I was in the steakhouse a few guys came in with t-shirt blue jeans and hats. :rolleyes:

There are nights in which the Steakhouse will be deemed as "cruise casual", similar to every night wear in MDR. If you luck into one of those nights when making pre-cruise reservations, this attire would be "appropriate" (not in my book, though). If you wish to wait until you're on board the ship to amke Steakhouse reservations, you might then ask which night is "crusie casual" night. I'm guessing, based strictly on the push in the FunTimes and on board announcements for the Steakhouse, that lack of pre-reservations on a particular night might lead to the decision to make the Steakhouse attire less than cruise elegant. Never the less, a nice dress shirt and tie are perfectly fine.

Pifff, last time I was in the steakhouse a few guys came in with t-shirt blue jeans and hats. :rolleyes:

That's how I dress going to Steak houses on land minus the hat, but that's because I don't wear hats.

Unless it's a wedding or some formal occasion, Jeans and shirt is fine.

Is a jacket required for Men.. will be on the Spirt in Alaska in 5 weeks and every pound counts when you have to fly.

Thanks

Only if you go on a formal night. Otherwise not required.....but I would feel underdressed if I didn't wear one.

Shirt, tie and slacks is all I have ever worn. In fact one cruise I forgot the dress shirt and just wore a nice polo shirt with my slacks and they had no issue with this (I did ask them first before showing up)

Archived