Renting a tux onboard Allure of the Seas

My husband and I will be participating in formal night for the first time in all our cruises. We were wondering how it works to rent a tuxedo onboard. Should my husband have his measurements done ahead of time so we can let them know, or will they measure him onboard for the tux?

My husband and I will be participating in formal night for the first time in all our cruises. We were wondering how it works to rent a tuxedo onboard. Should my husband have his measurements done ahead of time so we can let them know, or will they measure him onboard for the tux?

You can do it either way.

They will measure him on board for the tux. It is listed in the Compass as the times they are available to do so. They carry a good stock on every ship so unless he is a very "odd" size his chances are very good they will have what he needs.

If you are worried about it though, have him go get measured and order it through Gifts and Gear.

http://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/

I found that some places don't take all the measurements required by RCI. Here is the list from their site:

Your physical measurements:

* Height

* Weight

* Jacket Size

* Chest Size

* Waist Size

* Pant Rise

* Inseam

* Outseam

* Neck Size

* Sleeve Length

Tux rental is easy and convenient. It can be done on board, but I would order ahead if possible. That way, if you need anything a bit unusual they can get it, and you don't have to worry about them being sold out [not likely, but theoretically possible]. Go to a good tux shop to get measures. They usually do it for free, so no big deal. If you order aheas, as othes have said, the tux will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive. Try it on immediately [at least the coat, trousers, shirt and shoues if you ordered them] so adjustments can be made if, despite everyone's best efforts, there is an issue.

You can do it either way.

They will measure him on board for the tux. It is listed in the Compass as the times they are available to do so. They carry a good stock on every ship so unless he is a very "odd" size his chances are very good they will have what he needs.

If you are worried about it though, have him go get measured and order it through Gifts and Gear.

http://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/

This is exactly how I have done it on past cruises. The tux's are pretty nice. If you order it in advance online it will be waiting for you in your cabin. Be sure to try it on as soon as you can to be sure the fit is good. Last year they were off slightly on my coat size and I called to guest services after trying it on. In a short time one of the ships tailors came to the cabin and double checked the measurements and I had a new coat that fit properly later that evening.

Archived