Epic Entertainment/Parties/Events/Dining questions

Avril

I've heard a lot about NCL's White Hot Party, sounds like a blast!! :D Do they have this on the Epic (if so, when, where and how do I sign up)? What's it all about and what happens at it?

I thought I'd read something, somewhere about a Pub Crawl (don't remember what or where). Again, when, where, and how do I sign up? I did one on my cruise on Holland America's Eurodam and it was so much fun, I'd love to do another one!! :D Such a great way to get to know the ship, some of your fellow passengers, and to have a great time!!!! :D

The Ice Bar. I know, I'm from Canada and so should get enough of ice and cold and believe me, I do. However, I've never seen ice or been cold (at least not that cold) on a cruise ship and certainly never in the Caribbean!! Sounds like fun!!!! :D I know you have to sign up to go in at a certain time but is there a charge or is it included? If there is a charge, how much is it?

Is there some sort of party/event for sail away at the beginning of the cruise (after Muster, obviously)?

Are there any sort of pool/deck games on sea days? Is there a Piano Bar onboard?

What other parties/events are not to be missed on Epic? I want to make sure I don't miss anything super cool!!!!

About dining. There are a couple of the specialty restaurants I'd love to try (Teppanyaki and Cagneys). Can I reserve these places before the cruise or do I have to do it onboard? Also, about the MDR (if there is one). Do they have any night where they serve things like prime rib and/or lobster? I want to make sure I don't book any specialty restaurants on that/those night(s) and miss out on the yummy stuff in the MDR!! :eek:

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a 1st time NCL cruiser so I have lots!!!! :D Thanks

I've heard a lot about NCL's White Hot Party, sounds like a blast!! :D Do they have this on the Epic (if so, when, where and how do I sign up)? What's it all about and what happens at it?

Yes!! No sign up needed. It will be listed in the Freestyle Daily. Usually on deck or in the disco. Don't worry you won't miss it!

I thought I'd read something, somewhere about a Pub Crawl (don't remember what or where). Again, when, where, and how do I sign up? I did one on my cruise on Holland America's Eurodam and it was so much fun, I'd love to do another one!! Such a great way to get to know the ship, some of your fellow passengers, and to have a great time!!!!

Yes! Again you need to look in the Freestyle Daily for time/place information.

The Ice Bar. I know, I'm from Canada and so should get enough of ice and cold and believe me, I do. However, I've never seen ice or been cold (at least not that cold) on a cruise ship and certainly never in the Caribbean!! Sounds like fun!!!! :D I know you have to sign up to go in at a certain time but is there a charge or is it included? If there is a charge, how much is it?

Yes, there is a charge. It was $20 p/p which included 2 drinks in an ice cup.

Is there some sort of party/event for sail away at the beginning of the cruise (after Muster, obviously)?

Yes!

Are there any sort of pool/deck games on sea days? Is there a Piano Bar onboard?

What other parties/events are not to be missed on Epic? I want to make sure I don't miss anything super cool!!!!

About dining. There are a couple of the specialty restaurants I'd love to try (Teppanyaki and Cagneys). Can I reserve these places before the cruise or do I have to do it onboard? Also, about the MDR (if there is one). Do they have any night where they serve things like prime rib and/or lobster? I want to make sure I don't book any specialty restaurants on that/those night(s) and miss out on the yummy stuff in the MDR!! :eek:

Book Teppanyaki as seating is VERY limited, you can book 45 days before sailing, but your credit card will be charged at time of reservation. Yes there is lobster night and prime rib is served but I don't know on which night. Lots of people say it was on the first night, but it all depends on the menu rotation.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a 1st time NCL cruiser so I have lots!!!! :D Thanks

Have fun and enjoy!! Don't worry, you'll have an excellent time. :D

Thanks!! :D I'm really excited!! :D :D I will have an excellent time, I always do on a ship!! I'll definatly book Teppanyaki as soon as I can, right at the 45 days before sailing, it sounds and looks so yummy!!!! :D

$20 isn't so bad for 2 drinks and the ice cup will be awesome (as long as it doesn't melt in my hand, lol)!! :D

I can't wait to try cruising "Freestyle"!!!! :D

I thought the pub crawl on NCL was nomore?? Certainly didn't see it mentioned on the transatlantic crossing, otherwise I would have been there! They do plenty of 'tasting' events though e.g. wine, martini, beer. They also have plenty of special interest meetings for you to meet up e.g. we had classic cars, older generation, solo travellers, knitters and sewers, readers and loads of opportunities to meet others in the game shows, games, trivia etc etc.

I recommend teppanyaki at lunch time, half the price, same menu, same volume of food!

There's a piano often in one of the main dining rooms, and the atrium, and some of the other bars. Who plays where depends which performers are onboard. There are also pool games, and poolside entertainment on sea and port days.

Lobster night on my cruises has been after the 1st full day ie 2nd night, but this may vary.

There is LOTS going on onboard... all depends on which performers have contracts - Plenty of gameshows, trivia, wii games, I like TWICE as NICE who play in the atrium, but i don't think they do the carribean cruises, there is a FABBA party (ABBA music). If your into the dancing scene, they have DJ's on every night, there will be cabaret events on as well with the manhatten band. They have amazing duelling pianos with howl at the moon. There is something for everyone, if you want to chill and relax with calm music, or if your into something more upbeat. Its why I love the EPIC.

The other reason I love NCL is the freestyle dining. There are 2 main dining rooms which you just turn up at when you feel like eating, plus the buffet, and O'sheehans is the 24hour irish bar which also has hot food to order. Occasionally you have a short wait at the dining rooms if busy, I've not waited more than 10-15 minutes, and they give you a pager.

Pub Crawl is alive and well. Held on the first night and usually another night during the cruise. $25.

Defo wasn't on the dailies for the transatlantic cruise on the EPIC just checked :( Just wine/martini/beer tasting events :( (so at least I didn't miss it) It might be on the regular carribean/med cruises though, you never know.

Pub Crawl is alive and well. Held on the first night and usually another night during the cruise. $25.

Was this actually on the Epic? I have seen it on other ships but it had been stopped on the Epic. Would love to attend on the Epic.

Was this actually on the Epic? I have seen it on other ships but it had been stopped on the Epic. Would love to attend on the Epic.

When I was on the Epic it was the first night and held another time mid wekk but it may have been stopped since I cruised. My more recent experiences were on the Sky and Sun since all the talk of "no more pub crawls."

$20 isn't so bad for 2 drinks and the ice cup will be awesome (as long as it doesn't melt in my hand, lol)!! :D

If it's anything like the ice bar I've been in, your wearing gloves and they will replace the cup. I know, I had my cup melt on me!

I can't wait to try the ice bar on my cruise :)

When I was on the Epic it was the first night and held another time mid wekk but it may have been stopped since I cruised. My more recent experiences were on the Sky and Sun since all the talk of "no more pub crawls."

I've been on the Epic twice now and never any organised pub crawl! :(

If it's anything like the ice bar I've been in, your wearing gloves and they will replace the cup. I know, I had my cup melt on me!

I can't wait to try the ice bar on my cruise :)

The ice glasses are in holders made out of glass. During our time in the Ice Bar, somebody let theirs fall off the bar and it broke. Bartender came out and cleaned up.

Archived