Boston - Marriot Custom House?

blusun

While I have been busy planning our upcoming cruise. My parents decided just a few days ago to book a Holland America cruise out of Boston on 6/30. I have been looking for hotels in Boston for them to stay at for 2 days prior (6/28-6/30). I was thinking the Marriot Custom House. Ideally wanted under $300, on and close to a trolley stop and within a short walk to resturants. My father's mobility is somewhat limited. I've never been to Boston so I was just looking for any information/help I could find about the best place to stay for them.

Thanks!

I just looked on aa.com and the Marriott Copley is $154 - unbelievable price. Book it now. This will put your parents in Copley Place with access to shops and restaurants in both Copley and the Pru. IMO a better choice for your parents because they will have easy access to everything indoors in case the weather is bad. They can wander around the complex safely in the evening.

Are you looking for the hop on hop off trolley or the Green Line "T" trolley? The hoho trolley stops by the Marriott and there is T service nearby.

I've had the pleasure of staying at both of these properties. Custom House is not your typical hotel - it's actually a timeshare property. You do have daily maid service, but no onsite restaurant (there is a wine & cheese reception on Friday evenings). The rooms are 2-room suites, with fridges and microwaves, the lower floors have high ceilings, and you can go to the top of the tower for some amazing views. The location is great - if you can do a bit of walking. However, the caveat is that if you're on a lower floor, the surrounding bars are incredibly noisy at night, making sleep difficult.

The Marriott Copley Place is a large, modern, convention-style hotel in the heart of Back Bay, with tons of restaurants & shopping. The Trolley comes right into the hotel's entranceway, so very convenient. And, if AA.com is listing it at $154, follow the instructions I give in this post and you can get it for around $115, making it an unbelievable deal.

I love both properties, but if I were you, I'd go with the Marriott Copley Place in a heartbeat.

I knew you guys would help me out!!! Thanks so much! They will book it today. They are going to do the Old Town Trolley which I see has a stop right at the hotel. This is perfect!

Not meaning to jump topics here but I am now looking at one night in Montreal on 7/7 for them. Have been reading lots of good things about Springhill Suites but it's booked. :( Any other good ideas for Old Montreal?

Thanks again!

I don't have much experience with Old Montreal hotels, as I tend to stay in the 'burbs (Marriott's YUL properties are all quite nice, BTW). However, when I do stay downtown, it's usually at the Marriott Chateau Champlain. The rooms are newly-renovated, the service excellent, and it's quite well situated for downtown - and not that far from Old Montreal and the port. In winter can usually get a great LNF rate, but more of a challenge in the summer.

BTW, as you seem to be looking at Marriott properties - if you're a Marriott Rewards member and your parents aren't, I hope you realize that you can refer them and get bonus points: https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/refer-a-friend.mi

I don't have much experience with Old Montreal hotels, as I tend to stay in the 'burbs (Marriott's YUL properties are all quite nice, BTW). However, when I do stay downtown, it's usually at the Marriott Chateau Champlain. The rooms are newly-renovated, the service excellent, and it's quite well situated for downtown - and not that far from Old Montreal and the port. In winter can usually get a great LNF rate, but more of a challenge in the summer.

BTW, as you seem to be looking at Marriott properties - if you're a Marriott Rewards member and your parents aren't, I hope you realize that you can refer them and get bonus points: https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/refer-a-friend.mi

they finally redid that one? i LOVE the SHS...haven't stayed at Chateau Champlain since the SHS was built....last time was before the owners/management locked out all the associates....though before that i DID score a HUGE 2 bed/2 bath suite after being in literally 6 or 8 rooms that were very dirty, falling apart (literally-i had photos...) or worse...they finally moved us to the suite that was also beaten up....but that whole stay wound up free...and a letter to Mr Marriott's office with about 20 photos resulted in a large amount of points..

that said....if they've redone is as Twickenham suggests, it's a very nice hotel...i just love the SHS and Old Montreal.....

AND...yes...follow the directions for the best rate guarantee as posted above...with Twickenhams suggestion of the AA.com site, i have saved in boston and orlando....half a dozen times....

they finally redid that one?

Yep, at least I was in a renovated room last month... It's very standard-Marriott now - love their new pull-out table-desk thing, BTW - really cool for those of us who love eating in-room... The main public areas are the same, but they were in much better condition anyways, and they've just refreshed/repainted the whole bathroom/dressing area, but kept the design which I love. BTW, if you're Gold/Platinum with Marriott, you get breakfast coupons on the weekend - excellent buffet...

Archived