Skagway-Hike & Float Chilkoot-not thru RCCL

Libbyw

Want to do Hike & Float Chilkoot but RCCL post for my sailing is sold out. Need list and how to contact alternative tour companies for this tour. Also need advice on what other excrusions in Skagway we should fit in. Any help would be most appreciated:) .Sailing RCCL Vision of the Seas-in Skagway Mon. June 27th.

Thanks Host Caroline and Cactuscrusier-I would Like to do the Hike & float and do a White Pass trip. Other option is Yukon trip (includes White Pass)only in Skagway 10a-8:30-can't do all 3. Too many decisions for first time cruiser and Alaska visitor. Which would you opt for?

When I sailed RCCL I contacted Dolly Varden for that trip, and the concierge desk on the ship even let me call them, for free. I think I paid $72 for the trip, after using 1 or 2 Toursaver coupons. I was very pleased with the trip & had no problem catching the ferry back on time for departure.

Thanks Host Caroline and Cactuscrusier-I would Like to do the Hike & float and do a White Pass trip. Other option is Yukon trip (includes White Pass)only in Skagway 10a-8:30-can't do all 3. Too many decisions for first time cruiser and Alaska visitor. Which would you opt for?

Libbyw - It really kinds of depends on what you like to do most. You can't beat the scenery on the train. Certainly not much else can compare to it! If you want something more active, then you have the hike and float. Still looks pretty lowkey (DH and I are kind of whitewater freaks) but gets you right in the thick of things. Not much help I know. You'll just have to do like so many of us do, pick one and come back next year and do the other! :)

Archived