London Pass

I was wondering if anyone has had previous experiance with the London Pass. We will only be visiting London for two days, and then one day post cruise for a very short time. Is it worth the money to buy the London Pass or is it just as well to go on your own. We do not plan to visit many of the sites that are offered at discounts. Thanks for the advice!:)

Linda

We just order and received our London Pass as we're staying in London for about 3 days prior to our cruise. What I would recommend is for you to determine what sights you plan on seeing while you're there. Look at the admission costs of the attractions...then see if you're totals would make it worth the cost of the Pass. Remember, you haven't added in use of transportation (you can get the Pass with or without the Travel card)...

We did this and just for the attractions alone, we were looking at £55 pp and the London Pass with travel was £60!! Visiting London before, we know that the unlimited Tube card is about £5 pp/day, so we're already up £10 pp and if we see more, then we'll save more!

HTH...

I was wondering if anyone has had previous experiance with the London Pass. We will only be visiting London for two days, and then one day post cruise for a very short time. Is it worth the money to buy the London Pass or is it just as well to go on your own. We do not plan to visit many of the sites that are offered at discounts. Thanks for the advice!:)

Linda

IMHO I would pass on the London Pass and just go on your own.I have been to London quite a few times and usually stya a week or more and still have not used a Pass.For your short stay you will be fine going your own way. Enjoy!!!

BTW, the Hop/on Hop/off bus is a great way to get around and see the sights..you can pick your own stops.

• 1 month later...

We bought a 3-day pass for our 4-day stay. I thought I had it planned out so things we had planned almost made up for the cost of the pass and that we'd find additional stuff to make it worth our while. But in actuality we had problems fitting everything in. We definitely lost money on that purchase. Especially since we didn't get to St Paul's or Westmister Abbey until day 4 and then we had to pay the enterence fee anyway as the Pass had expired.

If you have the attractions planned out, have done the math to find the Pass cost effective, then it may be worth it. We did do the Tower of London on the pass and it was nice to bypass the ticket purchase line, but other than that :mad:. It may also be worth it for a 6-day pass. But then again, I'd do the math on the enterance fees of things you have planned and include a contingency that you might not be able to fit it all in.

Thanks everyone that helps so much. We kind of wondered about the things that you have mentioned. We will only be in London for a couple of days and I know that we are not going to be able to see all that we want to:eek:

Any good tips on the Tower of London? I know that is one place that we have all agreed that we definately want to see. Should we go early? We plan to get tickets before we go so does it still make a difference to get there early when you have tickets in hand?

Thanks for all of your help:)

Linda

Yes, go early to the Tower as it generally is not so crowded then.Make sure you get in front of the Beefeater as you enter to hear his speech as they are usually

delightful and worth every word.It is a wonderful place to see and wander around.Enjoy your stay in London.Take your time..don't try and see it all in a short time period and then go back.....:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone that helps so much. We kind of wondered about the things that you have mentioned. We will only be in London for a couple of days and I know that we are not going to be able to see all that we want to:eek:

Any good tips on the Tower of London? I know that is one place that we have all agreed that we definately want to see. Should we go early? We plan to get tickets before we go so does it still make a difference to get there early when you have tickets in hand?

Thanks for all of your help:)

Linda

Not only should you go early to the Tower Of London, but go to the jewel tower first inside as it also get very crowded with long lines.

Thanks again everyone, we will definately take your advice!

Carolyn, are you getting excited?:D Your cruise time is almost here!! We will be on the sailing just following yours. I cannot believe how fast the time is going.

You are all such a great help. I am so excited to see London but it all seems very intimidating to me right now:eek:

Linda

Thanks again everyone, we will definately take your advice!

Carolyn, are you getting excited?:D Your cruise time is almost here!! We will be on the sailing just following yours. I cannot believe how fast the time is going.

You are all such a great help. I am so excited to see London but it all seems very intimidating to me right now:eek:

Linda

I'm getting very excited. Can't believe that after waiting since October it's almost here. Are you all ready?

I am actually considering getting this for 2 days, but will have to think some more. If you want the London Pass, order it from http://www.londontown.com/london/london_pass to receive a 10% discount. Unless you plan to leave the central zone of London, I wouldn't get the all-zone transportation option. A one-day off-peak travel card for zones 1-2 is 4.7 pounds for an adult.

IMHO I would pass on the London Pass and just go on your own.I have been to London quite a few times and usually stya a week or more and still have not used a Pass.For your short stay you will be fine going your own way. Enjoy!!!

BTW, the Hop/on Hop/off bus is a great way to get around and see the sights..you can pick your own stops.

Get a one day zones one and two tube pass and buy tickets at each place you want to visit unless you want to see everything on the London pass list..which will be too much IMHO>

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a suggestion if you're going on a British Isles cruise - we ordered a 14 day British Heritage Pass. We were able to use it at Stonehenge (pre-cruise stop between the airport and Southampton), Caernarfon and Conwy Castles (Wales), Stirling and Edinburgh Castles (Scotland)-Holyrood Palace was closed but would have used it there, Carrick Rope Bridge (No. Ireland), Windsor Castle (a post-cruise stop on the way to London), Tower of London, Royal Mews and a few others. It was well worth it.

Archived