Just booked 1st Princess Cruise.

BenjiRodney

After 6 cruises on Carnival, 1 booked on RCl to Alaska and another Carnival cruise coming up in November, I booked the Caribbean Princess out of Galveston in Dec 2013. Rates were good, deposits reduced (Carnival never does this) and OBC from the agency, it was too good to pass up.

Excited so I just had to share.

December...you picked a good time to fly in to Houston ;) Are you going to go through Intercontinental or Hobby?

More than likely Intercontinental as we do have 1 non stop a day on United from Charleston to Houston, so we will have to come in a day early based on the flight schedule.

More than likely Intercontinental as we do have 1 non stop a day on United from Charleston to Houston, so we will have to come in a day early based on the flight schedule.

Good planning.

There's a number of good hotels in Galveston. My personal favorite is the Galvez, a classic hotel, but it requires a cab ride to the port. Harbor House is popular with cruisers for its location, but requires advance booking. More upscale, and also walking distance to the port, is Tremont House.

http://www.galveston.com/islandhotels/

Good planning.

There's a number of good hotels in Galveston. My personal favorite is the Galvez, a classic hotel, but it requires a cab ride to the port. Harbor House is popular with cruisers for its location, but requires advance booking. More upscale, and also walking distance to the port, is Tremont House.

http://www.galveston.com/islandhotels/

Thanks for the tips on some hotels.

Congrats. Will will be on the CB for the fourth time this October and she is a wonderful ship, our favorite. We just came back last week from B2B cruises on the CB and I have to say it was literally the perfect vacation. There was not one thing we had a complaint about. The crew was phenomenal.

I have not sailed out of Galveston, but we may look at sailing from there in the future. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

How are you getting from Intercontinental to Galveston? That's a good distance. From where I used to live in Houston it was an hour south to Galveston and about 45 minutes north to get to the airport...a bit faster on those fancy toll roads these days I suppose.

How are you getting from Intercontinental to Galveston? That's a good distance. From where I used to live in Houston it was an hour south to Galveston and about 45 minutes north to get to the airport...a bit faster on those fancy toll roads these days I suppose.

no text

After 6 cruises on Carnival, 1 booked on RCl to Alaska and another Carnival cruise coming up in November, I booked the Caribbean Princess out of Galveston in Dec 2013. Rates were good, deposits reduced (Carnival never does this) and OBC from the agency, it was too good to pass up.

Welcome to Princess. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Depending on the number in your party, a limo service to Galveston could be a good option. I use Elite Limo (don't like to leave my car at the airport). They're always reliable:

http://www.elitelimohouston.com/

I will keep elite in mind, since I know we will come in the day before, I would like to be able to head straight to Galveston and not have to spend the night near IAH and wait for Princess to shuttle us. If I do book their transfers they are charging 24 per person each way.

Umm, I believe you are sailing on the Crown Princess (KP) out of Galveston. The Caribbean Princess (CB) will be sailing out of FLL next year instead of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Boo hoo! :( At any rate, enjoy your first Princess cruise! :)

Umm, I believe you are sailing on the Crown Princess (KP) out of Galveston. The Caribbean Princess (CB) will be sailing out of FLL next year instead of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Boo hoo! :( At any rate, enjoy your first Princess cruise! :)

Princess is splitting the ship between Ft Lauderdale and Galveston, she will be in Galveston from Nov 2013 to April 2014. At least my book confirmation states Caribbean Princess. Hope I booked the right ship, I am looking for my email now. :)

Here is the itineray, these will all be new ports for us.

Princess - Caribbean Princess, departs 12/7/13, 7 nights

Day Date Port or Activity Arrive Depart

Sat Dec 7 Galveston, TX 5:00pm

Sun Dec 8 At Sea

Mon Dec 9 At Sea

Tue Dec 10 Roatan, Honduras 8:00am 6:00pm

Wed Dec 11 Belize City, Belize 7:00am 5:00pm

Thu Dec 12 Cozumel, Mexico 7:00am 5:00pm

Fri Dec 13 At Sea

Sat Dec 14 Galveston, TX 7:00am

Just returned on April 26 from the Southern Caribbean Medley 10 day cruise on the Emerald. I had only cruised NCL in the past, but I must say that I am a true Princess convert now. I absolutely loved it and cannot wait until I can afford another cruise with Princess. You will LOVE it!:)

Archived