Need help with Booking Excursions.. (Am leaving in 7 days)

Bsan1221

Hey everyone:

I still havent finalized my excursions in Skagway or Ketchikan..

I hope you all can help. Please remember we are in our early twenties and love adventure, hiking, etc.. :)

First, in Ketchikan, we have decided that we want to go Kayaking.

We have narrowed it to

Tatoosh Island Sea Kayaking

Paddle in and around this serene and unique island environment. this interactive excursion you will:

Upon arrival, your local guides will present an informative orientation before launching from the beach in your double sea kayak.

Be provided one guide for every 6 guests and you will quickly gain confidence in your sea kayak.

Enjoy paddling in and around this serene and unique island environment, you will learn about the natural history of this area of the Tongass National Forest.

Watch for bald eagles, seals, sea lions, and other marine life native to the Tatoosh Islands.

OR

SOUTHEAST KAYAKS

They offer Half Day trips to

Orcas Cove - Orca’s Cove Adventure is our most popular trip and was designed for the growing number of people looking for a true wilderness experience. Group size is limited to six unless you are a private group.

We depart our waterfront location and travel by boat to remote Orca’s Cove. Here you will meet your guides and become familiar with kayaking. After a basic lesson we take off paddling, wandering amongst numerous islands, immersing ourselves in the surroundings and keeping a lookout for wildlife.

Pennock Paddling - Paddle Ketchikan's historic waterfront,Visit a Bald Eagle's nest

My question is... Which is better? On which kayaking tour do you see more nature, wildlife, maybe even glaciers???????

NOW IN SKAGWAY,

I need help!!!

The cruise line offers the Flighseeing w/ the Dogsleeding.. (PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, WE ARE GOING ON A HELICOPTER IN JUNEAU )

Combine 2 excursions into one, and experience Alaska's favorite sport, dog sledding.

On this excursion you will:

Be whisked away in our premier touring ASTAR helicopter as your pilot navigates an incredible flight over Taiya Inlet.

View sights only revealed by helicopter as your pilot narrates the history of Skagway and the Gold Rush of 1898.

Land at the dog camp that is nestled among an endless sea of mountain peaks on a glacier above historic Skagway.

Meet our experienced mushers who will take you on an exciting adventure by sled and introduce you to the wonderful world of "mushing".

Drive a team of friendly Alaskan huskies over the ice-covered glacier or sit back in the sled and take in the sights.

Note: Flight time - 35 minutes $419.00

OR

Chilkoot Horseback Adventure (Is that any good)??

Enjoy breathtaking views from a scenic city overlook, before driving 6 miles into some of Skagway's most rustic backcountry to the valley of Dyea and the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park.

On this exciting excursion you will:

Arrive at the hitching posts and be given a brief orientation before heading out on your very own horse.

Once on the trail in single file, maintaining a steady walk through the valley of Dyea, two guides will ensure an enjoyable ride.

Enjoy your ride back as it takes you through a dense part of the second-growth forest, past Slide Cemetery.

Upon your return to the hitching posts, enjoy a refreshing drink and smoked salmon snack before your transfer back to the ship.

OR

Klondike Rock Climbing & Rapelling - HAS ANYONE DONE THIS???

Professional mountain guides with world expedition experience will lead you on an exciting climbing adventure over the smooth granite walls of the White Pass.

On this exciting excursion you will:

Learn there are great climbs for all abilities and no matter what your experience level, you will be challenged!

Take a short drive through Downtown Skagway and up the Klondike Highway, where you will hike to the base of majestic rock cliffs recently smoothed by retreating glaciers.

After receiving your equipment and safety orientation, you will rope up and start climbing the clean granite.

See there are more than a dozen routes to choose from with climbs ranging from easy to very challenging and each climb ends with a stunning aerial view of the Skagway River, The White Pass Yukon Route Railway, and the surrounding wilderness.

Have the chance to climb many of the routes and try rappelling on the high cliffs. Many of the guides have led treks on Denali and around the world and they will share their knowledge as well as their stories!

PLEASE HELP!!!! 7 days to go and counting.>!!!! :eek: AHHHHHHH!!!!!

THANK YOU :D

We are also in adventurous and in our early 30's. We are cruising on 6/4 on the NCL Spirit. We are kayaking with southwest kayaks to Orca Cove and then misty fjords flightseeing. We are going horseback riding in Skagway at Emerald Lake with Yukon horses/ southeast tours. The horseback riding includes a van ride up/down with stops for sightseeing and pictures. The horseback riding is about three hours total. It only costs $150 each and we booked it independently. The reviews on this board have been great - it comes highly recommended. Have a great trip. Can't wait to hear how it is.

Southeast Kayaks out of Ketchikan is my recommendation, just an excellent company offering very personal tours. But don't expect wildlife on any tour, and no glaciers.

I would glacier dog sled, if that's of interest? But skip the horseback riding in Skagway and consider going out of Carcross if that is a priority with Southeast tours. The rock climbing hasn't been mentioned on these boards that I know of??? Choose what is most interest for you.

My friend did the rock climbing, and although it was fun, it didn't add much to his Alaska experience.

Betty! It's you.

If you can afford the dog sledding, go for it. See you on the ship. :)

Thanks..

So what is your name???

It seems like we may know each other???

Ohhh.. DUHH!!!!LOL

I finally booked the dog sledding and helicopter ride in Skagway.. YAY!!

I really didnt want to spend the money but then I started thinking this is once in a lifetime thing.. Might as well do it.

Dana here from the rollcall.

We are doing the 12 o'clock Orcas cove in Ketchikan. Their website did not list 12 pm as an option but when I called they said they would do one at 12 for us. It will be my husband, me and the inlaws. Anyway, I've heard nothing but great things about this company and they were so nice in answering my questions both on the phone and by email about kayaking while pregnant.

We still don't have anything booked for Skagway as all the adventurous stuff there is the only type that appeals to me and since I can't do anything too strenuous or with risk of falling, we just didn't book anything. That is my birthday also. Mike and I just decided that if we see somthing offered at the dock that we are interested in, then we will go. If not, then well just relax that day.

Juneau is the Taku Glacier Lodge for us.

See you at 4pm in the Atrium.

Dana here from the rollcall.

We are doing the 12 o'clock Orcas cove in Ketchikan. Their website did not list 12 pm as an option but when I called they said they would do one at 12 for us. It will be my husband, me and the inlaws. Anyway, I've heard nothing but great things about this company and they were so nice in answering my questions both on the phone and by email about kayaking while pregnant.

See you at 4pm in the Atrium.

We signed on at 12 o'clock with Southeast Kayaks to do the Orcas Cove in Ketchikan, toooooo!!

:D YAY!!!

am singing to my self.

<~~~~ am so excited and I just cant hide it... La la am about to lose control and I think I like it.. Ouuu Ouu... :D

Archived