First Timer Confused About..

the Dress Code. In watching this board, I am confused about the Regent dress code. I see comments that indicate chino/Dockers are frowned on for evening dress. Is this so?

Also, what about sport shirts, both long and short sleeved? or are dress shirts only acceptable.

In the evenings, long pants (no jeans) are required. Some commenters here have suggested that most are wearing dress slacks, and that may be so, but chinos/dockers are acceptable and you'll see other men wearing them.

Some commenters also don't care for short-sleeved sport shirts in the evenings, but again that's up to you and the weather. There will be plenty of men wearing short-sleeved sport/Hawaiian shirts, especially if it's a warm evening.

About the only no-no's in the evenings are shorts/bathing suits/T-shirts in dining rooms and lounges. Beyond that, it's up to you how you define "elegant casual."

Dress pants or chinos are both fine. You will see both. My husband takes both--tends to wear the dress pants most evenings, but when we had the on deck BBQ, he wore the chinos. Also when we went to dinner in La Veranda.

Short sleeve shirts are fine. My husband just doesn't wear them except for golf shirts. And while those are probably ok according to the dress code as long as they have a collar, he wouldn't wear one to dinner himself.

I wore Dockers and button-down long-sleeve shirts every evening on my Black Sea cruise last summer and felt right at home. Wore a sport coat most nights as well, but was in the minority. The dress varied considerably, however, from some gentlemen wearing ties every night (no more than a handful) to some wearing very casual shirts. Seemed to me that if you avoided shorts and jeans and wore pressed slacks and a collared shirt, you fit in and were just fine.

All of the above really are correct!! Just no blue jeans...my Hubby had 2 docker style and 1 pr gray dress slacks, he prefers button down dress shirts and even wears those with blue jeans....if you are somewhere warm, Tommy Bahama would be perfect also! i think half the men or a bit more had sport coats on (April 2012) but it was chilly in the evening and that could account for some of those jackets.

Welcome to Regent and leave your suits and fancy gear at home !

PS DH brought a tie but never wore it :)

Archived