M Class Aft Balcony: Any point on Pacific Coastal in Sept. ?

PEIpair

I love the aft balcony on the M Class ships for Caribbean cruises. Right now, I am looking at the 9 night Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise leaving Vancouver on Sept. 13/2013 and ending in San Diego. I have a hold on aft cabin 8170 but I am wondering if the weather and sailing conditions will prevent us from enjoying our balcony enough to make the extra expense worthwhile. Would like to hear from those who have experienced this type of cruise and especially from anyone who booked an aft cabin. Please tell me why you thought it was great or not so great! Was it too cold, too windy, too rough most of the time? Or, was the Pacific Ocean as smooth as glass with the trail of the wake glittering in the moonlight?! Thanks in advance for any info on Pacific Coastal cruising conditions.

I love the aft balcony on the M Class ships for Caribbean cruises. Right now, I am looking at the 9 night Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise leaving Vancouver on Sept. 13/2013 and ending in San Diego. I have a hold on aft cabin 8170 but I am wondering if the weather and sailing conditions will prevent us from enjoying our balcony enough to make the extra expense worthwhile. Would like to hear from those who have experienced this type of cruise and especially from anyone who booked an aft cabin. Please tell me why you thought it was great or not so great! Was it too cold, too windy, too rough most of the time? Or, was the Pacific Ocean as smooth as glass with the trail of the wake glittering in the moonlight?! Thanks in advance for any info on Pacific Coastal cruising conditions.

You COULD have some rougher seas north of San Francisco. But after cruising out through the Golden Gate Bridge and heading south, the seas becomes calmer that time of year. We usually experience warmer weather.

We had an aft cabin on an M-class ship going from Seattle through the Panama Canal. I guess you take your chances about the weather...it can be beautiful or stormy. We enjoy the aft cabin no matter what the weather, or where we are going.

We enjoy sitting out there in beautiful weather, or all wrapped up in blankets if it gets cool. One day it was very rough and rainy, but that was the day that a bunch of dolphin followed our wake for almost 15 minutes.

There is beauty with sunshine and wonderful sunsets/sunrise.....and also with storms. For us it is a second room, which we use all the time.

We enjoy the aft cabin no matter what the weather, or where we are going.

I could not have said it better. Enjoyed the aft to Alaska, through Panama Canal and now booked one for Antarctica.

I always have my TA note "DO NOT UPGRADE"

To my mind, it is better than a suite! (unless it's an aft suite)

Archived