Navigator GS versus JS

mnh

I cannot believe that I am about to book March 2014.....I currently have a GS (deck 10) and hump JS (deck 9) on hold. I am a D+ and always book balconies and if the price is right a JS. My question is would you pay $700 more for a GS? It will be for myself and 2 granddaughters (15 and 11 in 2014).

I am not sure if there are enough perks between D+ and suite for $700...

No, I wouldn't....the GD's won't be able to take advantage of the free drinks...and that's the only "monetary" reason for the CL, IMO! A Js is ample room for 1 adult and 2 smaller kids!

Exactly what I was thinking!

We have a GS booked for our Jan 2013 cruise but when we upgraded ourselves from a JS to the GS it was no where near $700 more. $700 in my opinion is a lot of money to upgrade for a cabin that is a little bit bigger. A JS will give you more than enough room for you and your grand daughters.

Let me try my hand on this question. We have sailed the Navigator 14 times, and have booked both jr's and a grand once.

The rules have changed for the concierge lounge, but it is up to the concierge manager. The lounge on deck 9 is back to where it originally was. It is for Grand and higher only. Yes, you can

bring underage kids in. The current manager will not say anything. You as DP, therefor, at least, can have you grandchildren with you if you book the Grand Suite, not the JR. It's not the money, it's always having them with you. Heck you can't eat and drink that much anyway.

The diamond lounge on deck 14 will allow you but not your grandchildren.

My vote is stick with the grand and have the whole family together.

Archived