Non refundable deposit?

go noles

Haven't cruised Princess in a couple of years. When I contacted my TA about booking a cruise this December the quote indicated the deposit is not refundable even though final payment date is months off. I figured it was something new the TA was doing so went through the Princess website and got same disclaimer. What is going on?

Haven't cruised Princess in a couple of years. When I contacted my TA about booking a cruise this December the quote indicated the deposit is not refundable even though final payment date is months off. I figured it was something new the TA was doing so went through the Princess website and got same disclaimer. What is going on?
It's a special promotion and you are getting a lower rate for booking it. Normally, deposits are refundable.

The non-refundable deposit has been a part of some sale promotions for about a year & I've read posts that Princess is receiving negative feedback on it. I use a FCC so I'm only risking $100 which is a consideration when deciding about canceling & rebooking during a sale with a non-refundable deposit. If the non-sale price is reduced then I've received the lower price by having my TA contact Princess.

Either way it's a much better system than purchasing a flight ticket where it's paid in full with only changes available for a fee & no refunds for tickets that most of us purchase.

Archived