Taxi or Shuttle Long Beach A/P to Pier

Puffinater

Did a search but really could not determine which would be best. Airport to pier, shuttle or cab? Estimated cost 2 people minimal luggage. Also looking at the Carnival site I cannot determine if the Inspiration leaves from Long Beach or San Pedro it just says Los Angeles. I guess I must not be seeing it. I guess if it is San Pedro same question applies. Thanks.

A taxi would be quicker than the shuttle, you have to wait for the shuttle to load up and it could make stops between the Air Port and the dock. About a year it cost us $35.00 for a taxi and I think the shuttle was around $16 or 17 per person so the cost was about the same but alot faster with the taxi. We always use Long Beach Air Port, we were in March and the taxi to San Pedro was $45.00.

Note that with the Long Beach airport being so much smaller than LAX, the major shuttle companies are many times not sitting there waiting for passengers. If you decide to use a shuttle service, I would recommend making reservations. When I have looked the cost up previously, it costs about the same if you are two passengers and cheaper with a cab if 3 or more (there are minivan cabs).

The Long Beach Airport website has the following posted:

TAXIS

Taxis are available at the Taxi stand outside the terminal (562) 435-6111. Flat Fees as of 01/2009 (subject to change):

• $45 San Pedro/Cruise Ships
  • $60 LAX
  • $72 Downtown LA
  • $45 Disneyland /Anaheim Convention Center
  • $37 Knotts Berry Farm
  • $60 Orange County/John Wayne Airport
  • $55 South Coast Plaza
  • $105 Burbank Airport
  • $120 Ontario Airport

No flat rate to downtown Long Beach/port of Long Beach, but a previous poster stated $35, which I think is very accurate based on what we pay to take a cab from our house to LGB.

Carnival has space for only one ship in the port of Long Beach--so if there are more than one in on the same day, the other goes to San Pedro. The ship that is in San Pedro is usually the one that doesn't make the 3/4 day cruises and the 7 day cruises. As the Inspiration is the 3/4 day cruise ship, it should be docked in Long Beach, right next to the Queen Mary.

Taxi from LGB Airport to the LA/LGB Pier (queen mary) is approx $27. We did this with 4 of us 2 years ago. Not sure the price to San Pedro.

Long Beach and Los Angeles are both at Long Beach harbor were Splendor and Inspiration are located. San Pedro is just that where Spirit (was) and other cruise lines are located

Just to clarify the last post as it seems confusing (at least to me): the Carnival pier is at the Port of Long Beach, not the port of Los Angeles. If there's a second Carnival ship, then one of them will be leaving from the Port of Los Angeles (the World Cruise Center in San Pedro). Make sure you understand which port you're leaving from (you can look on the cruise calendar on the Port of LA website), which will tell you what to tell your taxi or shuttle driver.

Just to clarify the last post as it seems confusing (at least to me): the Carnival pier is at the Port of Long Beach' date=' not the port of Los Angeles. If there's a second Carnival ship, then one of them will be leaving from the Port of Los Angeles (the World Cruise Center in San Pedro). Make sure you understand which port you're leaving from (you can look on the cruise calendar on the Port of LA website), which will tell you what to tell your taxi or shuttle driver.[/quote']

The only time Carnival used San Pedro in recent memory was when the Spirit was sailing from LA for a few months last year.

Carnival uses the pier at Long Beach for the Inspiration & the Splendor.

The only time Carnival used San Pedro in recent memory was when the Spirit was sailing from LA for a few months last year.

Carnival uses the pier at Long Beach for the Inspiration & the Splendor.

Exactly. I just wanted to clarify AZpilot's post as I think it's on the confusing side and makes it seem (at least to me) that he's saying that it's just one port.

Exactly. I just wanted to clarify AZpilot's post as I think it's on the confusing side and makes it seem (at least to me) that he's saying that it's just one port.

But I think Carnival advertises these cruises as sailing from Los Angeles with the details saying Long Beach. It causes some problems for people unfamiliar with the area; those that have sailed out of San Pedro on other lines; or Carnival passengers from many years ago when it sailed out of San Pedro.

When the Spirit sailed in and out of San Pedro it made it even more confusing. But I think the reason Spirit was in San Pedro was that the either the Inspiration or Splendor were in port in Long Beach.

Archived