Advice/Information NOT Arguments/Putdowns

Funsun60

Just one question, as a newbie here: Can you smoke as you bring alcohol on board while violating the dress code and tell the stewarts you won't be tipping them in the dinning room because of the mustard drill?

Just one question, as a newbie here: Can you smoke as you bring alcohol on board while violating the dress code and tell the stewarts you won't be tipping them in the dinning room because of the mustard drill?

Funny! I now have a mental image of someone wearing torn cutoffs, brightly colored Dinner Jacket (but no tie), baseball cap on backwards, and puffing away as they lug a case of Ripple onto the ship.:eek: :D :eek:

As a newbie, Tomc?

Hardly a newbie. :D

I have left other travel sites when the discourse has become rude and unpleasant bordering on bullying to other posters. I hope CC continues to be a good resource and does not turn other potential participants off by the tone and type of rudeness towards others that appear in some of the threads.

We continue to believe that we will have a great Med Cruise in the fall..all anticipation!!!!

Actually quite a few really good posters have left CC. Things do get out of hand sometimes. I just weed through what I want and don't read the threads that I find rude and annoying. I have learned which topics to avoid and don't even open the threads I know will be going in a direction I would not like. If the topic is vague, I will read the first post and often can decide then and there if I want to continue reading. CC helped me plan three wonderful cruises, including my first cruise and my first trip to Alaska. I will be forever grateful to all who helped make my trips/cruises phenomonal!!! Because of people who gave up their time to be helpful to me, I do not wish to totally abandon CC because I don't like the way some discussions go. I want to give back to others who might be able to benefit from the knowledge I have gained. However, I do spend a lot less time on the forums now.

Only if you're in the habit of traversing from your BA cabin to the mid-ships Lido Pool in a HAL robe where you subsequently proceed to hog a lounge chair for half a day, after having entered the Neptune Lounge and taken & consumed a cappuccino and a mini ham sandwich with a little pickle and a toothpick stuck in the center

At 3800 posts, TomC is just getting started!! ;) :D

And oh me oh my, when he gets started ........;) :eek:

I suspect that we all realize that the anonymous nature of the internet is both a blessing and a curse.

One of my favorite cartoons shows one dog sitting at a desktop and looking around at his dog buddy with a bit of a smirk.

"On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog".;)

s7s --

Are you going to do a live from again for us?
Remains to be seen. The ship leaves June 2 for two weeks and I'll probably do one, but not the record-breakers I've had in the past. However, if the Captain leaves Bar Harbor doing a wheelie, that should be good for a few choice comments. Or if they hand out little bottles of Gulden's at the first seating and say, "This is the mustard drill you've been talking about," then I'll mention it.

s7s -- Remains to be seen. The ship leaves June 2 for two weeks and I'll probably do one, but not the record-breakers I've had in the past. However, if the Captain leaves Bar Harbor doing a wheelie, that should be good for a few choice comments. Or if they hand out little bottles of Gulden's at the first seating and say, "This is the mustard drill you've been talking about," then I'll mention it.

That's Bahh Hahbah

s7s -- Remains to be seen. The ship leaves June 2 for two weeks and I'll probably do one, but not the record-breakers I've had in the past. However, if the Captain leaves Bar Harbor doing a wheelie, that should be good for a few choice comments. Or if they hand out little bottles of Gulden's at the first seating and say, "This is the mustard drill you've been talking about," then I'll mention it.

Now you've gone and teased us. :)

You've whetted our appetites for one of your great threads.

Hope you have a great time on your annual Maasdam cruise. You and we are about the most loyal for that itinerary, me thinks. ;)

Enjoy!!!

[quote name='jimmy2x']I suspect that we all realize that the anonymous nature of the internet is both a blessing and a curse.

One of my favorite cartoons shows one dog sitting at a desktop and looking around at his dog buddy with a bit of a smirk.

"On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog".;)[/quote]

[I][laughing][/I]

:DAlso one of favourite cartoons! Published way back in 1993 when the internet was still in its puppy stage.

Cartoon can be seen here [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you're_a_dog[/URL]

Archived