YIKES! Will they cancel the excursion?

coastalkate

:eek: I've been checking the Carnival site and it looks like there are still only three out of 14 possible people booked on my excursion... Has anyone ever had one cancelled before??? Our sailing is only a month away and I'm beginning to get a little worried! I figured whale watching in Alaska would sell-out quickly...hmmm?:rolleyes:

We have had an excursion cancelled by Carnival on one of our cruises for low bookings. This was done after we had boarded and sailed. You might start looking for a back-up plan. We were able to get a private tour at the port (not Alaska).

We have had an excursion cancelled by Carnival on one of our cruises for low bookings. This was done after we had boarded and sailed. You might start looking for a back-up plan. We were able to get a private tour at the port (not Alaska).

Ugh - thanks for the response. Although it isn't what I was hoping to hear, obviously. :(

I'll start looking...

Yep, just two weeks ago on the Dream.

They emailed us 4 days prior to sailing and stated that a refund would be made to our credit card in 5-7 days.

We booked a different excursion when we boarded.

How can you tell how many people have booked?

I went back online and make a "ghost booking" and when it prompted me to select my departure time I could see how many seats remained...then I just cancel the process. There's never actually an additional booking completed. (hope that helps)

I wouldn't worry just yet. CC members and pre-bookers for excursions make up a very small number of cruisers. The great majority of cruisers book their excursions AFTER they get on the ship. Case in point; in all of our cruises, DW and I have never booked an excursion before boarding the ship. Never.

So, it might be a good idea to have a back-up plan, but I woudn't give up hope yet.

Bob

I went back online and make a "ghost booking" and when it prompted me to select my departure time I could see how many seats remained...then I just cancel the process. There's never actually an additional booking completed. (hope that helps)

Wow that works, thanks:D

What specifically is the tour that you are looking at in Alaska?

Shellgoodman - it's the Photo Safari Land & Sea that's run by Gastineau Guiding. I tried booking straight with them but was directed back through Carnival. I've sent their CS an email and am hoping to hear back from them soon. Will post gist of response. Fingers crossed. Thanks for everyone's input! Kate

There still is no way to tell. They may have 4 or 5 different boats booked and as one fills up they reset the numbers. I can 99.99% assure that whale watching will not be canceled in Alaska because of lack of participation.

Archived