Spa Question for the Guys (or Gals)

HamOp

On our recent Veendam cruise my DW talked me into getting a manicure and pedicure at the spa. I had never before had either service done and must admit my hands and feet never felt (and looked) so good when it was done.

I asked the girl at the spa how many male customers she had and was suprised she said about 40 percent.

Question is, how many other men have had this type of service while on a cruise? Or at anytime for that matter?

Would I do it again? You bet!

Had them on land and at sea. For the guys who think it "unmanly", you don't know what you are missing!!

Yep, the "unmanly" thing crossed my mind. But your right thay don't know what thay are missing. Must be the same guys that won't wear a pink dress shirt:D

I actually get a mani/pedi done before a cruise rather than on the cruise, I have one about once every six weeks and it helps keep the feet feeling great. However, I recommend never to have clear polish but just a good buffing of the nails.

My DH gets a pedicure with me at a spa near our home, but he wouldn't get one on the ship.

I would like to suggest that you get the Thermal Suites package on your next cruise. It is a little slice of heaven.

It gives you access to the mineral pool with powerful jets of water and the warming beds.

So relaxing!

These photos were taken last week on the beautiful Zuiderdam:

7185595336_9e8bb5b9ce.jpg

IMG_0208 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

7185597264_280337f8c1.jpg

IMG_0210 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

7185598600_dc32cecbdc.jpg

IMG_0215 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

Guys go to the nail salon! Have no shame..... you likely wont be the only one there.

One of my male friends asks me (female) to go with him to the nail salon - he says he just doesnt want to be alone/stand out. Well last time we went over the lunch hour and the number of businessmen getting manicures far out numbered the women. There were a few doing the pedicure too, but we saw at least 8 guys get the quick manicure and they seemed familiar with the folks working there..... so just try it once and I think you will love it.

Bobalink, could you give me the rundown on what to expect with the Thermal Suites package? I am fascinated with those tiled warming loungers!

For our 4-day Pacific Coastal cruise, when we boarded the ship, I went to book my massage. The girls at the Spa suggested the Thermal Suites Package. Normally $85 per person, "on sale" for $75 per person. When I told her that my friend would want to book it, too, she said, "If are you in the same stateroom you can pay $60 each."

We were able to book our massages for a 20% discount, and use the warming beds, mineral water pool, sauna, and steam rooms for the duration of our cruise. More may have been included, but that was enough to convince me!

I noticed that when we were experiencing rough seas, it was not even noticeable while I was in the mineral pool. Lots of powerful water jets.

I don't know what may be available for your cruise, perhaps you can call HAL.

Enjoy!

More photos of Thermal suites:

7189190014_a888fabfc1.jpg

IMG_0209 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

7206685650_559da50455.jpg

IMG_0212 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr

Archived