Qm2 Q6 what to go for

transatlantic fan

We have 24 hours to decide between Q6 9063 Starboard at the rear or 9002 portside at the front of the ship on a transatlantic from Southampton to New York in a few weeks.

The plus points I can see are 9002 near the Commodore club and you get more sun and the statue of liberty on the sail in to New York, On the plus side for 9063 very close to restaurant and QG lounge and the Golden Lion .

What would you go for?

Thanks

9002. Walk to the restaurant makes one feel virtuous about pudding, Sheltered from the wind a bit by the protruding front of ship, and no lifeboats bleow to obstruct view of deck. We had 9006, just along and it ws lovely.

Jane

I would go for the aft cabin. Two trips ago we had one very close to 9063. Because of the tiered decks, it is not as far aft as the other one is forward. To be sure, QM2 handles the seas quite well but if it gets really bumpy your belongings are less likely to become airborne in a "suite" closer to 9 Deck aft.

We have 24 hours to decide between Q6 9063 Starboard at the rear or 9002 portside at the front of the ship on a transatlantic from Southampton to New York in a few weeks.

The plus points I can see are 9002 near the Commodore club and you get more sun and the statue of liberty on the sail in to New York, On the plus side for 9063 very close to restaurant and QG lounge and the Golden Lion .

What would you go for?

Thanks

We had booked 9002 in 2010. We bumped it up to 9009. My reasoning was possible noise from being that close to the Commodore Club. The thing that worked in our favor,was that our butler, Lily was outstanding. The couple who got 9002 really had problems with their butler, so for us it worked out well. The other couple did not have any issues with noise from Commodore club.

I would go for the aft cabin. Two trips ago we had one very close to 9063. Because of the tiered decks, it is not as far aft as the other one is forward. To be sure, QM2 handles the seas quite well but if it gets really bumpy your belongings are less likely to become airborne in a "suite" closer to 9 Deck aft.

We have stayed many times midship or forward but never towards the back, did you feel much vibration?

Thanks again

In 2010 we were in 9020 and in February this year we had 9067. We enjoyed being close to the Commodore Club when we had 2020 but I dreaded the long walk to the restaurant on formal evenings in my high heel shoes, especially if the seas were causing some movement. In 9067 we were close to the stairs or lift & one flight down to the QG dining room which we found very convenient. By the way, we did not notice any vibration in the suite.

Archived