Weather in June

cacky

Alaska weather is unpredictable but we have cruised in early June several times (and again this year) and have never had really cold weather on the cruise ex. near the glaciers. It's been in 60s in Juneau all week (it's on my home page!). The key is layers -- turtlenecks, long sleeve tees, sweater, good rain jacket, walking shoes. I just wear jeans most of the time, always take a pair or two of capris, shorts. The "disposable" ponchos from Wal-mart or somewhere like that are lightweight to pack and inexpensive so we take 4 of those and have only used two in the past 3 trips! So maybe they are our good luck! Rain is usually the main "weather disrupter" in June rather than really really cold weather

You need the same wide range of attire you need any time for in season Alaska travel. :) Basic layers, lined lightweight jacket- quick drying, turtle necks, sweatshirts, tshirts, knit hat, gloves, 2 pair of walking shoes, rain gear. I do my laundry in Skagway, greatly cuts down on bulk.

I just got back from Outside for 16 days and everyone has been telling me how great the weather has been. We broke 4 temperature records and even got to 73 one day and looking at mid 60's in 5 day forecast.

Susan in Anchorage :)

AkSusan, sounds great! Can you please keep it that way for our trip starting on June 4??! We know the weather can be unpredictable but it would sure be awesome to have some warm, sunny days! :D

Amanda:D

Archived