Leaving on the Jewel on Saturday, 5/19

ute_fan

We are on the jewel on June 9 and I am very excited to hear about your trip. I really only have one burning question: we are a group of 9 and can only make reservations for 8 in advance. How is the best way to overcome this? Even calling to NCL, we are told the max is 8. Thanks for any info you can find out, Dallas

Have a great Cruise. I went down to San Pedro yesterday and watched the Jewel sail away to Vancouver. It looked like every one on the Ship were having a great time. I will be bringing her back from Vancouver on September 22. Boy..what a rush to see it sail by right in front of you.:D

Have a great Cruise. I went down to San Pedro yesterday and watched the Jewel sail away to Vancouver. It looked like every one on the Ship were having a great time. I will be bringing her back from Vancouver on September 22. Boy..what a rush to see it sail by right in front of you.:D

We did the repositioning cruise on the Pearl in 2009 and loved it! Have a great time when you sail on the Jewel.

We'll try and leave her clean for all of the rest of you -- but with her great crew, I'm not too worried.

Have a great time! The Jewel is a beautiful ship. If I ever decide to go to Alaska, I might pick the Jewel for the first time because of the daytime stop in Victoria.

Looking at your signature line, if you love Canada/New England I bet you'd also love Alaska. We love cruising in general, but by far prefer the cooler climates as we're not beach people.

Please let us know about the Jazz Brunch (what day), Chef's Table, the new Moderno and current crew/entertainment...the ports of call in SE Alaska.

Sue, saw you lamenting over the primarily rainy forcast, which you know is just weather guessing up there ;) but a few of those days call for 0.05" or less...in a rain forest environment like Ketchikan I'd call that more like mist :D

Have a safe and wonderful adventure!!!

NCLJewelHDHugoandDantheManCD.jpg.3f12de6f40e7c3bae8bb69f4ec23a841.jpg

NCLJewelcremebruleewithchocobottom.jpg.3641693baf17fc4d77d580138db83a93.jpg

BahamasNCLSkyconciergeOmarandCasey.jpg.e86daa9a9cbe5224e4eedda2899fc98e.jpg

Have a great time!!!

Please come back and let us know what worked and didn't work for you in regards to packing. I've got a list a mile long of light weight, medium weight, and heavy weight clothes. I've got to streamline it a bit!

Please let us know about the Jazz Brunch (what day), Chef's Table, the new Moderno and current crew/entertainment...the ports of call in SE Alaska.

Sue, saw you lamenting over the primarily rainy forcast, which you know is just weather guessing up there ;) but a few of those days call for 0.05" or less...in a rain forest environment like Ketchikan I'd call that more like mist :D

Have a safe and wonderful adventure!!!

Yeah, the small rainfall amounts aren't that concerning to me. I've mainly been posting just because I find it humorous how the forecast changes each day.

Have a great time!!!

Please come back and let us know what worked and didn't work for you in regards to packing. I've got a list a mile long of light weight, medium weight, and heavy weight clothes. I've got to streamline it a bit!

layers layers layers

I would be able to handle almost any weather with a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt and a lined rain jacket. None of the pieces is "heavy", but together can keep you very warm

Didn't get a chance to ask about the large party reservation at the meet & greet -- sorry. If I happen to see Hugo anywhere, I'll still try to get an answer.

They came by in the dining room this morning advertising for the Jazz brunch. This sailing, at least, it's on Thursday. I'm bringing back the freestyle dailys and will refer to those for more details.

Didn't get a chance to ask about the large party reservation at the meet & greet -- sorry. If I happen to see Hugo anywhere, I'll still try to get an answer.

They came by in the dining room this morning advertising for the Jazz brunch. This sailing, at least, it's on Thursday. I'm bringing back the freestyle dailys and will refer to those for more details.

I'm impressed that you would take the time out from your wonderful cruise to answer my question. I imagine the crew is thrilled to have a new itinerary/ports and you are all fine despite the minor dampness.

Blue skies and smooth sailing ahead (sometime I will have to ask re area from Queen Charlotte Sound through Hecate's Strait to Dixon Entrance, as I've heard that's where you are most liable to gave some rock n' roll wave action) :D

Where is that area? The roughest ads we've ever had was between Victoria & Seattle.

Back to Hugo: saw him two nights ago & asked about the large party reservation question. He had no idea there was a limit. He stopped by our table again last night & confirmed that's the way the system was set up. Tying to find a work around - maybe a pop up with a number to call if your party is bigger than 8. May not help you this trip, but he is now aware of it.

Archived