Perk's question

C&THollings

Sorry perks are the same from cruise 2-9

Gold Member

Exclusive past guest offers

Special Gold Sail & Sign card

Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

at cruise 10 you're platinum

Platinum Member

All Gold member benefits

Carnival Platinum benefits* including:

A special Carnival logo item

Guaranteed dining times and priority steakhouse reservations

Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**

Spa Carnival priority reservations

Carnival's "Chocolate Delight" — four chocolate-dipped strawberries with assorted chocolate nuggets — delivered to cabin*** one evening

Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

Priority tender boarding where available

Priority embarkation and debarkation

Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 for Platinum guests under 18 years of age

25 milestone

Platinum Member - Milestone

Sail and celebrate your Carnival “milestone” with our exciting new guest recognition program. Past guests who sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that particular voyage. And, for your 100th earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaskan voyage up to eight days in length. These “milestone” cruise benefits are in addition to the other amenities and privileges of being a “Platinum” cardholder.

For more information call toll-free, 1-877-CCL-VIPS (1-877-225-8477). Shipboard credits and free cruises received for “milestone” cruises are non-transferable and non-refundable. Certain other restrictions apply.

*Benefits subject to change

**Must be at least 18 years of age

*** Must be on a 7 Day or longer cruise

Until the decide to change to program, but for now that's it~

I was told/heard when you reached your fifth cruise with Carnival there was some 'perks' beside the past guest party. Is this true or not? If so, what are they?

Sorry, but someone told you wrong.

.... unless they add a level .. They are talking changes and it COULD happen, but not at this time.

I was speaking to a co worker today who cruises with another line. I like what their line is doing to earn Platinum status and perks.

They are basing it on 'day's at sea' versus number of cruises taken. With Carnival a person can take 10-3 day cruise an only be at sea 30 days to reach Platinum States. A person who takes 7 day would cruise, usually those of us farther from port would cruise 70 day's before reaching the same status in ten cruises.

Does not seem fair. The 7 day cruiser would have 35 day's in 5 cruises but none of these perks.

Makes me wish I lived closer to the ports. Long 3 day weekend would happen a few times year ;)

I was speaking to a co worker today who cruises with another line. I like what their line is doing to earn Platinum status and perks.

They are basing it on 'day's at sea' versus number of cruises taken. With Carnival a person can take 10-3 day cruise an only be at sea 30 days to reach Platinum States. A person who takes 7 day would cruise, usually those of us farther from port would cruise 70 day's before reaching the same status in ten cruises.

Does not seem fair. The 7 day cruiser would have 35 day's in 5 cruises but none of these perks.

Makes me wish I lived closer to the ports. Long 3 day weekend would happen a few times year ;)

Carnival is supposed to be moving to days. whopee

Personally, I liked RCL better before the change. I dont see how this benefits the pax. It would be so rare for me to take a cruise over 7 days, and thats the only people who benefit if it changes to days. I dont see what the difference is. Now you need just as many 7 day cruises as before you needed total cruises.

The 3 day cruises are more expensive, on average per day, than 7day cruises.

not true..it is off CABIN price only..not entire amount..did it, been there !working on my #50..and only the pax who has reached that number..not all in the cabin.. did MAGIC repo last Fall.. I got my 25% off..cabin price.. roomie did not. If your cruise is let's say $599...w/o txs..it will be the % off that price b4 txs and ports. Unless it has changed dramatically,..and if the new Days of "head in the bed" comes thru..I'm waaaay over that as well..I see # 50 on Carnival in my front view mirror..with over 375 days at sea...267 of them are on CCL..But I , as well as others get nada more than the usual..I"m good....I"m cruzin...

% off cruise fare for number of cruises reached not true..it is off CABIN price only..not entire amount..did it, been there !working on my #50..and only the pax who has reached that number..not all in the cabin.. did MAGIC repo last Fall.. I got my 25% off..cabin price.. roomie did not. If your cruise is let's say $599...w/o txs..it will be the % off that price b4 txs and ports.

Yes it is true as that's what cruise fare is~ the cost of the cruise before taxes and fees. And anyone who has cruised 25 times should know that. It it true that only the person who is Milestone will get the % in OBC.

Platinum Member

All Gold member benefits

Carnival's "Chocolate Delight" — four chocolate-dipped strawberries with assorted chocolate nuggets — delivered to cabin*** one evening

Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 for Platinum guests under 18 years of ago

quote]

OK - My question may be trivial but I've booked cruises #9 and #10. #9 is just a 5 night but #10 is a 12 night out of Barcelona. Do I understand correctly that my Platinum Status starts with #10? Will I go to VIP boarding?

And what about the wash and fold laundry? We'll be traveling for almost 3 weeks and with the baggage restrictions I feel we're going to be limited on the number of clothes we can carry due to flying. The wash and fold service may end up being the most valuable part of all this!!! Is it wash and fold service once during the cruise or can you send it 2 or 3 times considering the cruise is 12 nights?

Also - this will be 10 for me but only 9 for DH. I understand he gets to go thru VIP checkin but what about laundry. How picky are they on whose laundry is included?

Platinum Member

All Gold member benefits

Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 for Platinum guests under 18 years of ago

quote]

OK - My question may be trivial but I've booked cruises #9 and #10. #9 is just a 5 night but #10 is a 12 night out of Barcelona. Do I understand correctly that my Platinum Status starts with #10? Will I go to VIP boarding?

And what about the wash and fold laundry? We'll be traveling for almost 3 weeks and with the baggage restrictions I feel we're going to be limited on the number of clothes we can carry due to flying. The wash and fold service may end up being the most valuable part of all this!!! Is it wash and fold service once during the cruise or can you send it 2 or 3 times considering the cruise is 12 nights?

Also - this will be 10 for me but only 9 for DH. I understand he gets to go thru VIP checkin but what about laundry. How picky are they on whose laundry is included?

Under the current system, you will be platinum starting with cruise #10. At this point, laundry is unlimited for the most part, but it there are a lot of platinums on the sailing, they may limit the amount of laundry. They don't care whose laundry is in the bag.

Now, this is all subject to change based on the new loyalty program, if/when that is ever implemented.

Platinum Member

All Gold member benefits

quote]

Room steward most likely will not care. If he says anything tell him you like to dress up in male attire at night.icon7.gif

Under the current system, you will be platinum starting with cruise #10. At this point, laundry is unlimited for the most part, but it there are a lot of platinums on the sailing, they may limit the amount of laundry. They don't care whose laundry is in the bag.

Now, this is all subject to change based on the new loyalty program, if/when that is ever implemented.

Very true. Only once have we been limited to 1 time for laundry and reason given was the number of Platinum on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Very true. Only once have we been limited to 1 time for laundry and reason given was the number of Platinum on board.

When did you find out that you were "limited" to one? We sail in less than 2 weeks :) Just wondered how/when you were told. This may change what day I send our laundry out. Thanks!

When did you find out that you were "limited" to one? We sail in less than 2 weeks :) Just wondered how/when you were told. This may change what day I send our laundry out. Thanks!

Hard to say right now as they are "supposed" to announce new loyalty program next monday and who knows what will happen.

Archived