Where to Store Valuables on a Jet Ski Tour

Spinningwheel

Going on a Jet Ski Adventure Tour. Certain items such as SS card, I.D.'s, camera and $$$ you take off the ship on excursions. Any tips on how or where do you store these items from water damage. Are there lockers to rent for items that are left behind?

Going on a Jet Ski Adventure Tour. Certain items such as SS card, I.D.'s, camera and $$$ you take off the ship on excursions. Any tips on how or where do you store these items from water damage. Are there lockers to rent for items that are left behind?

All jet ski's have compartments for storage of items you want to keep dry! There are no locks for valuables. They have three compartments each one in front which is large, one in the back under the seat and one between your legs for small items

Dave

Yes, there are storage compartment(s) on a jet ski. Don't count on those compartments to stay dry!

Only take what you need. You do NOT need your SS card or even your full wallet. Prep a travel wallet for shore excursions and put it in a ziploc bag for your jet ski trip.

Neither a credit card,DL, or your ship's card will be hurt by water...they're plastic! Even cash can get wet....doesn't hurt it. Yes, you will need to take your SS card off the ship...it's the only way to get off and on the ship!

On excursions, don't bring ANYTHING you don't absolutely need.

I've used 2 zip lock bags (1 large, 1 larger, thus 1 inside the other)I have put my camera in , that I then put in my small backpack....never had an issue. Did this on power boatsin Cozumel as well.

Just got back from Grand Cayman last week. We did the jet ski tour to Stingray City Sandbar and Rum Point! Had an amazing time!!! We left from a resort and were able to leave belongings in the jet ski rental shed. We had no problems whatsoever! I only took a waterproof camera, sunscreen and some cash for drinks at Rum Point. Have fun!!!

We wrapped valuables in a zip lock baggie and put it in the "dry" compartment. Lost the camera due to it getting wet. We went with Fat Fish Tours and they didn't have a shed. I am thinking that double the baggy and you might stand a chance with the camera. Everything else can get wet. Enjoy!

We wrapped valuables in a zip lock baggie and put it in the "dry" compartment. Lost the camera due to it getting wet. We went with Fat Fish Tours and they didn't have a shed. I am thinking that double the baggy and you might stand a chance with the camera. Everything else can get wet. Enjoy!

What did you do to the ski to get your camera wet? I own 2 jetskis and short of turning it over I have never had any water in any of the three compartments. Maybe being in the Caribbean, you have waves that completely cover the ski. If it is that rough, I would hope you wrap your valuable electronic items in towels to keep them in one piece.

A zip lock bag will protect most items you will need, money,sign and sail card,copy of passport etc.

Have a great cruise and enjoy

Dave

Archived