Distance from Ft. Laurderale Port to airport

FloridaGators

How far is the port from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale?

Coming back, can I make a 12:55 p.m. flight?

We can debark platinum VIP so can get off the ship first, if necessary.

About a 10 minute, $15 cab ride. A 12:55 flight will be easy! :)

Is a cab ride really only $15.00 a person? We are not sure if we should use a shuttle or a cab. We want to do what is easiest and fastest. There are 3 of us.

A cab is not $15.00 per person, it is $15.00 for the cab so it is much more economical than taking a shuttle that charges per person. The airport and cruiseport are very close to each other. Actually, when at the airport you can see the ships at the cruiseport.

As you disembark at the port there will be a long line of cabs waiting, grab one and you will be at the airport in less than 10 minutes.

SUPER easy. You don't have to leave the ship early to make it. Relax and enjoy your breakfast until they kick you off the ship! ;)

Depending on when you're disembarking and how many other ships in port and also disembarking, you might not want to wait until they kick you off the ship.

In January, we were disembarking with 7 other ships (including Allure). We waited until they called the last groups because we had a 2:xx flight. We got off the ship and the line to get into the warehouse to get our luggage was the width of the building. Once we got our luggage, it was an hour to get through customs.

Did we make it for our flight - sure - but added a little stress to the disembarkation. Or maybe it's just that I had gotten spoiled by San Juan disembarkations which are a breeze.

Just something to think about.

As you disembark at the port there will be a long line of cabs waiting, grab one and you will be at the airport in less than 10 minutes.

Yes, just make shure it is a taxi cab, not a shuttle van which charges per person. Have the driver turn the meter on. There is no flat rate between the two points, just so you know. The meter for our trips in the past has been $11.30 and $12.50, plus tip.

Depending on when you're disembarking and how many other ships in port and also disembarking, you might not want to wait until they kick you off the ship.

Absolutely agree with you. Personally speaking from experience, I would still want to be off the ship by no later than 8:30 am. FLL can be a madhouse.

Is a cab ride really only $15.00 a person? We are not sure if we should use a shuttle or a cab. We want to do what is easiest and fastest. There are 3 of us.

Agree, cabs are very simple. Much easier than waiting for shuttle to fill up. Cabs will be lined up directly outside cruise terminal waiting for you. Quick 10minute ride and a simple $15. :) NO worries. I usually do self assist check out. I have had flights out of FLL as early as 9:50am. Enjoy.

So this is a little secret that I found out today about Ft Lauderdale and the cruise termanal.

Went on FOS out of Port Caniveral last summer and it is a PITA to get to the port and airport. A hotel is a must.

Taking out the cost of a hotel helps some with the budget!!!!

Archived