Cruise Reading 2012

kenandteri

Even though we aren't cruising till october (136 days from now).... I'm always on the lookout for the best books to load onto my Nook now in preparation!

What's on your top cruise reading list this year?

The second book in Ken Follett's trilogy on the 20th century is due out this fall. Not sure of release date, but it will be at the top of my list. Also want to re-read first one (Fall of Giant) before that.

Didn't say whether you want fiction or non-fiction or genre... but here's my favorite authors list which tends to run to mystery and thriller stuff. Hard to go wrong w/ any of their books.

Wilbur Smith

Clive Cussler

William Kent Krueger

Daniel Silva

Stuart Woods

David Baldacci

Brad Thor

Vince Flynn

Robert Ludlum

WEB Griffin

Jack Higgins

Nelson DeMille

Robert Parker

Sara Paretsky

2nd the follett recommendation

Frederick Forsythe

Greg Iles

John Hart

Randy Wayne White

I don't know why I keep kidding my self by bringing a book to read while on the cruise. I end up so entertained by the humanity show around the pool I don't even get two pages complete. I envy those who can remain so focused. I'll just wait for the movie.

ChipQ. http://blogspot.com

I always end up taking a book with me. I read it on the plane and while sitting in the airport but then I do not pick it up again until the way home.

I love reading and so wish I had more time for it, but I guess vacation is not the time as im way to busy seeing the sites.

That being said, im sure I will take a book with me on the next trip as well

Jessica Beck has good light reading. They are on the lines of Murder She Wrote, but her main character is Suzanne Hart who owns a donut shop and somehow always lands in the middle of a murder. And naturally like Jessica Fletcher, she helps the local police solves the crimes. The series is known as the Donut Shop Mysteries and the first book in her series is Glazed Murder.

I have her books on my Kindle but I am sure you can download them The Nook too.

For any cruise or land vacation I always read books that have their setting in the locations I will be visiting.

OP, where are you going on your cruise?

Me too!

Archived