What is happening to Explorer in Sept 2013?

I have a cruise that I booked for the Explorer on Sept 15, 2013 that now shows as NA yet when I check with RCCL they say I am still booked and they don't know why it says NA on the website. I did further checking and the Sept 8, 15, and 22 2013 cruises all say NA and have for about 1 week. The August cruises are listed as available and the last week of September cruise is available but the first three weeks of Sept 2013 are not available (NA). No one at RCCL seems to know why, anyone out there got any ideas? Maybe a 3 week charter? Oh well, it is a long ways off and I can definitely move it but was wondering what was going on.

Mike

I have a cruise that I booked for the Explorer on Sept 15, 2013 that now shows as NA yet when I check with RCCL they say I am still booked and they don't know why it says NA on the website. I did further checking and the Sept 8, 15, and 22 2013 cruises all say NA and have for about 1 week. The August cruises are listed as available and the last week of September cruise is available but the first three weeks of Sept 2013 are not available (NA). No one at RCCL seems to know why, anyone out there got any ideas? Maybe a 3 week charter? Oh well, it is a long ways off and I can definitely move it but was wondering what was going on.

Mike

Hi, Mike-

My friend and I are booked for 9/22/13, so I understand your frustration. I've called several times and the reps know nothing, or so they claim.

I really don't believe that the issue is "inventory control."

If you find out more info, please post it here and I'll do the same.

Linda

Hi, Mike-

My friend and I are booked for 9/22/13, so I understand your frustration. I've called several times and the reps know nothing, or so they claim.

I really don't believe that the issue is "inventory control."

If you find out more info, please post it here and I'll do the same.

Linda

Thanks for the note Linda, if I hear anything I will let you know. MY TA has not received any notes from RCCL as of yet.

Called RCI again yesterday and they still do not show any charters for this 3 week period. I can't remember the exact term the rep used something along the lines of a financial audit/review?? being done on these 3 cruises. He did say that 1 week did seem like a long time for them to be unavailable and they should be back soon. Granted this cruise is a long way out but not knowing is making me a little crazy :rolleyes:

Called RCI again yesterday and they still do not show any charters for this 3 week period. I can't remember the exact term the rep used something along the lines of a financial audit/review?? being done on these 3 cruises. He did say that 1 week did seem like a long time for them to be unavailable and they should be back soon. Granted this cruise is a long way out but not knowing is making me a little crazy :rolleyes:

I was told yesterday they should be back really soon, too. They tell you what you want to hear.

I'm at least a little bit crazy at this point also---

Linda

I was told yesterday they should be back really soon, too. They tell you what you want to hear.

I'm at least a little bit crazy at this point also---

Linda

We had a cruise in Jan. 2010 that was N/A for 5 weeks but nothing changed and the Explorer sailed as planned.

Had a cruise on Explorer which also showed NA for many weeks long after we had booked. I too was concerned that a charter had taken over the ship and dreaded getting notification that I was bumped from my cruise. Never happened!! NA disappeared after awhile and we sailed without any problem. So don't sweat it yet.

I may be wrong, but I think the OP (and myself) are looking for upgrades / changes during drydock.

Thanks!

Drydock is not until Dec. 2014.

Explorer of the Seas 30 NOV - 21 DEC 2014. This date maybe changed i was told it could be move to mid. Dec. 2014.

Rumor (not likley to happen) that the second Sunshine class ship will come to Bayonne.

And you got me all excited there for a minute till I checked!!

That's what happens when you rush to do something. Sorry

I leave on the Explorer this coming Thursday will try and get some information.

Dick

We, and our friends, are booked on Explorer to Bermuda 9/8/13. For the past 2+ weeks, it's been showing as N/A on RC's website, 9/15 and 9/22 also. The week before these three weeks, and the week after them, it's open for reservations. I just spoke to someone at RC who told me about it being closed for inventory maintenance. To get to the root of the reason, they've advised me to call again tomorrow between 9am-6pm Eastern, so that they can talk to someone in the Revenue Department (who shut down these dates for new reservations) to find out what's going on. I'll post whatever I find out.

Alma

We, and our friends, are booked on Explorer to Bermuda 9/8/13. For the past 2+ weeks, it's been showing as N/A on RC's website, 9/15 and 9/22 also. The week before these three weeks, and the week after them, it's open for reservations. I just spoke to someone at RC who told me about it being closed for inventory maintenance. To get to the root of the reason, they've advised me to call again tomorrow between 9am-6pm Eastern, so that they can talk to someone in the Revenue Department (who shut down these dates for new reservations) to find out what's going on. I'll post whatever I find out.

Alma

Again - different answers from different reps.

I'm on the 9/22/13 sailing.

I was talking to a RCL rep around 9:00 pm tonight. I was told that the dates are open for booking according to her computer. She didn't know why they weren't showing up on the website. She did say that their computer system is different from the website.

When I called two weeks ago, I was told that there were groups of travel agents booking the cabins and they didn't know how many they would need. A week ago when I called I was told the revenue department was checking inventory. I don't think any of the reps know what is going on.

I think the reason why that may happen is that a lot of travel agencies book a few room to hold because of the price wise. After certain amount of time they let it go and forget about it because it can't sell. This is just IMO.

I think the reason why that may happen is that a lot of travel agencies book a few room to hold because of the price wise. After certain amount of time they let it go and forget about it because it can't sell. This is just IMO.

The way she explained it to me was that the 9/22/13 was going to be a partial charter for travel agents, and they needed to find out how many rooms they needed.

When I asked why the other 2 weeks were showing as N/A she didn't have an answer.

I called 3 times and got three different answers.

I'm still wondering if they are moving up the dry dock to 2013. Hopefully Dick will be able to find out something when he sails on Thursday.

Can't tell you what's going on at all, but I can tell you that the Port of Portland, Maine, has Explorer on it's tentative schedule (revised May 18, 2012) for days Royal Caribbean says it's doing Bermuda cruises.

http://www.portofportlandmaine.org/schedule2013.pdf

Thanks for that link. The 3 dates line up with the 3 weeks that are showing as N/A in September. I wonder when they are going to tell us. I'm not canceling yet in case they offer some OBC.

Archived