Kids' groups by age

Chriselle

Has anyone ever had any luck getting them to agree to allow a 12 year old to be in the next older age group for the activities? I have a very mature 12 year old daughter who'd rather be with her older sister than with the littler kids.

Has anyone ever had any luck getting them to agree to allow a 12 year old to be in the next older age group for the activities? I have a very mature 12 year old daughter who'd rather be with her older sister than with the littler kids.

I used to be a Youth Counselor for NCL. NCL is extremely strict on the age groups, and there is no way that they will allow you to bump your child's age group. We had countless parents trying to get their "mature" children bumped up in age, but we never allowed it for liability reasons. The teen group is 13-17 and to have 12 year olds in there is a long way from the 17 year olds. Think of it this way, would you want your 12 yr old daughter with the 17 yr old guys?

In the large majority of cases, the whole issue is entirely ignited by the parents, if the 12 yr old was encouraged to join the 10-12 group by their parents, they would enjoy it. If the parents came out fighting from the start trying to get their child into the teen group, we never saw the 12 yr old ever show in the Kid's Club. Encourage your daughter to go to 10-12 group and I guarantee she will have a good time no matter how mature she is. Worst case, if she finds the programming too juvenile, she can hang out with 12 yr old friends from kid's club elsewhere around the ship...

Hope this helps.!

Not going to happen.

This topic has been discussed time and time again, with no results for age bumping in the Kids/Teen Clubs. NCL stands firm on this issue and I am sure they have numerous reasons for it.

I used to be a Youth Counselor for NCL. NCL is extremely strict on the age groups, and there is no way that they will allow you to bump your child's age group. We had countless parents trying to get their "mature" children bumped up in age, but we never allowed it for liability reasons. The teen group is 13-17 and to have 12 year olds in there is a long way from the 17 year olds. Think of it this way, would you want your 12 yr old daughter with the 17 yr old guys?

In the large majority of cases, the whole issue is entirely ignited by the parents, if the 12 yr old was encouraged to join the 10-12 group by their parents, they would enjoy it. If the parents came out fighting from the start trying to get their child into the teen group, we never saw the 12 yr old ever show in the Kid's Club. Encourage your daughter to go to 10-12 group and I guarantee she will have a good time no matter how mature she is. Worst case, if she finds the programming too juvenile, she can hang out with 12 yr old friends from kid's club elsewhere around the ship...

Hope this helps.!

Just what I was going to say (well, except the whole "I used to be a Youth Counselor for NCL" part:D).

Archived