How to contact the Maitre 'D and .or cruise director on a ship?

• 1 month later...
I have it somewhere - I believe it goes something like this - the first two letters of the ships' name followed by maitred at carnival dot com.

I'll look for it.

Wow! I had forgotten about this thread - thought it was deleted. I did look for it and my original post was correct. First two letters of the ships; named followed by maitred at carnival dot com.

Do they actually reply if you email them?

They do respond . . . I normally don't contact them until about two weeks out - that's how the Maitre'D of the Spirit told me to do it. It helps if you have a specific table number to request.

why would you contact the ma. d or cruise director before your cruise?

I contact the MD to specify my seating preferences - I usally request a specific table and they have always accommodated me.

I contact the MD to specify my seating preferences - I usally request a specific table and they have always accommodated me.

I was only curious. if people are able to email these people then why cant agents send requests via email to simplify stuff.

I imagine the thousands of emails these people must get now.

do you always get your requests done this way?

I think the more people who do this .. its going to get to where maybe they wouldnt be able to accomodate all the requests.. like everyone wants to sit by the window, or a table for 2 is popular.

I think the more people who do this .. its going to get to where maybe they wouldnt be able to accomodate all the requests.. like everyone wants to sit by the window, or a table for 2 is popular.

I have seen the mess over at Johns Blog with tons of people requesting free stuff -- wow.

But to be able to email cruise directors to get in touch with the head honcho in the dining room.

do they respond back with your request-- or do you find out onboard?

what makes a certain table more special then the others? (never paid attention to the location)

I was only curious. if people are able to email these people then why cant agents send requests via email to simplify stuff.

I imagine the thousands of emails these people must get now.

do you always get your requests done this way?

It has worked for us the last 3 or 4 cruises. The way it came to be for us - we were on the final night of a cruise and asked the Maitre'D if he was going to be on the ship the following March - we really liked our table which was a booth type table for four on the lower level of the Normandie dining room (Pride) near his station. He told us he wouldn't be on the ship but gave us the email and his replacement's name and told us to make the request several weeks before the cruise.

If they have specific requests ahead of time it may be easier for them to accommodate requests than on the first day of the cruise after they've made their assignments.

I would also assume if they are being overwhelmed with emails they would change their email addresses.

This may work for us because we always request late seating, assigned dining. On our last several cruises there are numerous vacant tables - in fact it seems most of the tables for two are vacant.

On a smaller scale, we do the same for the Steakhouse - we email them directly rather than using the Carnival website, make the reservation and tell them which table we want.

I have seen the mess over at Johns Blog with tons of people requesting free stuff -- wow.

But to be able to email cruise directors to get in touch with the head honcho in the dining room.

do they respond back with your request-- or do you find out onboard?

what makes a certain table more special then the others? (never paid attention to the location)

We like to sit near the Maitre'D station - the service seems to be better and it is a good spot for people watching.

I wouldnt even know what table to ask for.

I do know when we were on the legend the table we had was a large one to the left of the Mairte de desk.

I can imagine all the people sending emails asking for a window seat and only be seated at a table for two- not realizing #1- its dark out and you will not be seeing anything anyhow #2- those tables seat 8-10 people.

Next cruise we are a family of 3 and I do NOT want a booth. can I request something like that-- I mean I do not care where the table is-- but please do not put me in a booth

I wouldnt even know what table to ask for.

I do know when we were on the legend the table we had was a large one to the left of the Mairte de desk.

I can imagine all the people sending emails asking for a window seat and only be seated at a table for two- not realizing #1- its dark out and you will not be seeing anything anyhow #2- those tables seat 8-10 people

How do you make reservations for the steakhouse on your ship? We will be on the Carnival Freedon beginning Oct 28. I would like to make reservations for my husband and I. Thanks for any help.:)

You can contact the steakhouse via the 1st two letters of the ship's name followed by steakhouse or supper at carnival dot com.

Archived