So Long Carnivial.... It's Been Real.. But I Have To Say GOODBYE!!!

Big Jay

that price for a solo too go too alaska solo is amazing. i would probably faint if i saw that price. but if the ship is not leaving from seattle have you factored in the cost of the flight to canada or whittier?? airfare is very high too get too those destinations. any kind of transportation to either port would bring up the price. and then add in your hotel stay or cruise tour and your getting back into the big bucks. i admitt i love carnival so i always check them out first for a cruise. but this thread is getting back me curious about checking out the other lines for prices.

Im not worried about the airfare. My biggest factor is going alone. Im not sure how I feel about it. I did Cancun before, and had a great time. Everyone always asks why I went alone, I always say noone had the time off or money to go.

Well Techinically, Hurricane Season Begins June 01, I Will Be Sailing Late Sept/ Early Oct, So I Should Be Fine!!!

Your'e Entiled To Your Opinion, As Well As I!!!

The Bottomline Is... I Do What's BEST FOR MY WALLET!!! Not Yours, Or Anyone Ele"s!!!!!!

I Doesnt Matter If It's $15.00 Or 50 Cent!!! It's My Dollar, My Decision!!

I've Made Up My Mind!!! I'm No Longer Cruising Carnivial!!! And, That My Freind, Is My Final Answer!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Really why did you post this then???

BYE BYE:eek:

Im not worried about the airfare. My biggest factor is going alone. Im not sure how I feel about it. I did Cancun before, and had a great time. Everyone always asks why I went alone, I always say noone had the time off or money to go.

Going solo isnt for everyone, but if you can swing it, that is a great price for Alaska. Plus, you wont be alone, you will have 2000+ new friends :)

Princess Ruby 7-Night Eastern Caribbean $1058 (Solo)

Norwegian Breakaway (Brand NEW Ship) Leaving From My Homeport, NYC, $1065!!! (Solo)

Carnivial Freedom 8-Night Southern Caribbean $1247, 5-05-12, ( Airfare, Transfers, Not Included)

The above numbers may be accurate but the fact that they are not similar cruises has a lot to do with the pricing. What would the pricing on NCL be for a Southern Itinerary? The southern itinerary will cost more because it is a much more desirable itinerary than that of the Breakaway. There have been MANY times we could sail NCL WAY less than CCL, but have no interest whatsover in cruising to Freeport and Port Canaveral.

So, yes, while CCL may ALWAYS be 200% we have determined that so is RCCL UNLESS it is a special...you can't just book ANY cruise at discounts...

So, really, it depends on the cruiser. Are you more concerned about the price and don't care about the itinerary or would you rather pay more to go the places you want to go...

I also know the ship becomes a factor with some, some don't like the small, some don't like the large, some don't like the old...so I guess that could make a difference too...do you sail on a small, old ship to save a few hundred dollars or do you go with what you want?

Well Techinically, Hurricane Season Begins June 01, I Will Be Sailing Late Sept/ Early Oct, So I Should Be Fine!!!

Your'e Entiled To Your Opinion, As Well As I!!!

The Bottomline Is... I Do What's BEST FOR MY WALLET!!! Not Yours, Or Anyone Ele"s!!!!!!

I Doesnt Matter If It's $15.00 Or 50 Cent!!! It's My Dollar, My Decision!!

I've Made Up My Mind!!! I'm No Longer Cruising Carnivial!!! And, That My Freind, Is My Final Answer!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

If you really want to compare apples to oranges, you can do a 8 day b2b on the Sensation for $920.90 in mid/late Sept.

The above numbers may be accurate but the fact that they are not similar cruises has a lot to do with the pricing. What would the pricing on NCL be for a Southern Itinerary? The southern itinerary will cost more because it is a much more desirable itinerary than that of the Breakaway. There have been MANY times we could sail NCL WAY less than CCL, but have no interest whatsover in cruising to Freeport and Port Canaveral.

So, yes, while CCL may ALWAYS be 200% we have determined that so is RCCL UNLESS it is a special...you can't just book ANY cruise at discounts...

So, really, it depends on the cruiser. Are you more concerned about the price and don't care about the itinerary or would you rather pay more to go the places you want to go...

I also know the ship becomes a factor with some, some don't like the small, some don't like the large, some don't like the old...so I guess that could make a difference too...do you sail on a small, old ship to save a few hundred dollars or do you go with what you want?

Well I've Sailed On Small. Mid, And Big Ships!! (Please Read My Siginature) I Cruise For Itineary, And Price!! I Go To The Places I Want To Go!! So Therefore, I Just Did The Southern, With Carnivial Freedom, Next, Western, On Freedom Of The Seas, Then.. Eastern On Princess Ruby, And Bahamas, Flordia, On Breakaway, From NYC My Homeport!!! I Like To Mix It Up, Keep It From Getting Stale!!!! I'm Not Loyal To Any One Cruiseline!! I's About "MY" Bottomline!!!

And from pictures I've seen you have to crawl across the bed as no floor space at all.

It's my understanding that is what the living room is for, but I'll never sail on the Epic (and hopefully not solo) so I'll never find out.:)

Well I've Sailed On Small. Mid, And Big Ships!! (Please Read My Siginature) I Cruise For Itineary, And Price!! I Go To The Places I Want To Go!! So Therefore, I Just Did The Southern, With Carnivial Freedom, Next, Western, On Freedom Of The Seas, Then.. Eastern On Princess Ruby, And Bahamas, Flordia, On Breakaway, From NYC My Homeport!!! I Like To Mix It Up, Keep It From Getting Stale!!!! I'm Not Loyal To Any One Cruiseline!! I's About "MY" Bottomline!!!

I saw your signature...I was not questioning your reasonings, just saying that this wouldn't work for everyone, it just happens to work well for you. We also like to mix it up, but I will not sacrifice what I want over price.

Enjoy the Breakaway...REALLY wish NCL would do some different ports with her...actually, with ANY of their ships from NYC. Maybe every few cruises add in a 10 or 12 night southern caribbean and then a 2 night cruise to nowhere to make up that difference until the next 7 night...

We live close to NYC and have gone out of there several times, but now we are about the itinerary and not the price...if I am going to spend money on vacation I am going to go somewhere I want to go, not just pay to be on a cruise...

Enjoy your future cruises...you seem busy and good for you that you can go 2 times per year!

If you really want to compare apples to oranges, you can do a 8 day b2b on the Sensation for $920.90 in mid/late Sep

I'm Not Tryying To Compare Anything!! I'm Just Not Sailing Carnivial Anymore!!! I Will NOT PAY A 200% Supplement To Sail Them!!!!

Sensation.... Nah... Not For Me!!! I'm Booked On Freedom Of The Seas, Late Sept/Early Oct!!!!!:D

Those Deals Are Insides!!! I Do Insides, So I Can Cruise Twice A Year!!!:)

I Also Understand That Carnivial Went 200% In June 2011!!!! I've Booked My 5-05-12 Carnivial Freedom, Before June 2011... That's The Reason Why" I NO LONGER WILL BE SALING WITH THEM"!!!! I'm Not Paying A 200% Supplement To Sail Them!!! They Good, But They Ain't That Good!!

I can tell you for the 8 day S caribbean cruises (the one that includes Aruba) out of FLL or MIA, their rates are a lot higher than normal. Those routes are always in demand. I have just booked the same route on the Freedom and noticed that it is a lot higher than the other 8 day route (which includes Tortola). Just from what i have observed!!!

I saw your signature...I was not questioning your reasonings, just saying that this wouldn't work for everyone, it just happens to work well for you. We also like to mix it up, but I will not sacrifice what I want over price.

Enjoy the Breakaway...REALLY wish NCL would do some different ports with her...actually, with ANY of their ships from NYC. Maybe every few cruises add in a 10 or 12 night southern caribbean and then a 2 night cruise to nowhere to make up that difference until the next 7 night...

We live close to NYC and have gone out of there several times, but now we are about the itinerary and not the price...if I am going to spend money on vacation I am going to go somewhere I want to go, not just pay to be on a cruise...

Enjoy your future cruises...you seem busy and good for you that you can go 2 times per year!

Thanks!!! Go To Ncl.Com They Have Some Great 12 Day Itineraies!!! I Don't Sacrifice Where I Want To Go Over Price!! I Just Look For The Better Deal For My Dollar!!! So Far I've Been Very Lucky!!!! I'm A "BLESSED" Man!!!!!!!;)

Carnival is the only line I know of that never has solo deals below 200%. Anyone know of a line that is always 200% like Carnival?

Carnival doesn't have to - they can fill their ships. I guess the other cruise lines are having a hard time filling their ships?

Anyway, I'm not interested in subsidizing other people's cruises. If you want to cruise on the best cruise line, I guess you'll have to pay the price.

I also sail solo. While I mourn the loss of the 150% single supplement for the 1A cabins, I will continue to sail Carnival, along with Royal Caribbean and Princess. When I want to book a cruise, I price compare among those three and whoever has the best deal gets my business. I don't care what the supplement percentage is. I only care about the price I have to pay.

I can tell you for the 8 day S caribbean cruises (the one that includes Aruba) out of FLL or MIA, their rates are a lot higher than normal. Those routes are always in demand. I have just booked the same route on the Freedom and noticed that it is a lot higher than the other 8 day route (which includes Tortola). Just from what i have observed!!!

Tell Me About It!!! I've Just Returned From The 5-05-12 Sailing From Fll!!!

We Went To Grand Turk, Dominician Republic, Aruba, Curacao!!!! Great Ports!!! Great Time!!!!

I'm So Glad That I Booked This Cruise, BEFORE The 200% Supplement!!!:D

I also sail solo. While I mourn the loss of the 150% single supplement for the 1A cabins, I will continue to sail Carnival, along with Royal Caribbean and Princess. When I want to book a cruise, I price compare among those three and whoever has the best deal gets my business. I don't care what the supplement percentage is. I only care about the price I have to pay.

My thoughts exactly. It seems pointless to get hung up on percentages if you find the cruise you want for the price you want.

Tell Me About It!!! I've Just Returned From The 5-05-12 Sailing From Fll!!!

We Went To Grand Turk, Dominician Republic, Aruba, Curacao!!!! Great Ports!!! Great Time!!!!

I'm So Glad That I Booked This Cruise, BEFORE The 200% Supplement!!!:D

I'd love to cruise that itinerary but hate the port times, I don't think that cruise is worth it if you are arriving at the Aruba port at 2:00 in the afternoon!!

Yes, they did away with the single supplement just after I booked Glory to Bermuda last year (Bermuda's always expensive anyway, so I probably wouldn't have gone if it had been 200%).

Some of us can't sail last minute, so we can't take advantage of those discounts on some other lines. And I can't sail for a significant chunk of the year (Jan-mid April, Sept-mid October). Prices are high in the summer and there are too many kids.

That really limits my options! May and Nov/Dec are best for me.

I do check cruise prices (all of them) using an online agency frequently.

It just seems that every time I start to price cruises, I keep ending up on Carnival, even at 200%.

I've checked those studios on Epic (DD's maid-of-honor is currently working with Blue Man Group in the Med), but they are quite expensive.

Leg 1 of my Ecstasy cruise is only $607 total booked with the current Memorial Day PG rate for a 5 day to Nassau, Freeport and HMC. That's in a regular inside on Main. It's worth that to me to go to HMC again!

I dearly want to do a Panama Canal cruise, but the cost for a solo has just been prohibitive, so far. I guess I could just save up and take just that one cruise in the next five years, but I need my cruises! :p

My thoughts exactly. It seems pointless to get hung up on percentages if you find the cruise you want for the price you want.

I do both, since there are some great websites out there that break down the single supplements, it saves me time in checking all the cruiselines. You just never know which sailing has a phenomenally low single supplement without doing fake bookings for 100's of sailings.

I Agree Wholeheartly With You!!! It's Just That Carnivial Is Not Offering Any Good Deals!!! Therefore... I Have To Go Elsewhere!!!!! I'm NOT Loyal To Any One Cruiseline!!!!

Wer'e In A "DEPRESSION"!!

Just Grateful, And "Blessed" To Travel In These Harsh Economic Times!!!:o

Archived