Toulon Port = La Seyne-sur-Mer

pseudoware

Can anyone confirm that the port used for some or all ports listed as "Toulon" and/or "Provence" is actually the port at La Seyne-sur-Mer? FWIW, we'll be on RCI's Liberty of the Seas on June.

If so, if anyone can suggest an easy way to get to the beach (Plage du Mourillon) from there, that would be great. Thanks!

Yes it is Seyne-sur-Mer

I contacted the TI and they told me that the Ferry to Toulon takes 20min for 2 euro and is within a short walk from the ship (the details are posted on previous threads here) . She will have a TI booth set up as you get of the ship if you need maps or information

Is La Seyne-sur-Mer closer or farther from Avignon versus Toulon?

It's a few kilometres closer, as La Seyne is just across the bay (to the west) of Toulon.

However, Avignon is a long drive (2 hours) from La Seyne. I wouldn't, unless there are special reasons to go, or unless you've seen absolutely evrything there is to see that's closer...like Aix, Cassis, Sanary-sur-Mer, Bandol, Hyeres, Le Castellet (fabulous hill town), or, even, Marseilles.

Enjoy your day in Provence, whatever you do!

Yes it is Seyne-sur-Mer

I contacted the TI and they told me that the Ferry to Toulon takes 20min for 2 euro and is within a short walk from the ship (the details are posted on previous threads here) . She will have a TI booth set up as you get of the ship if you need maps or information

Wise guy, eh??;)

I wonder if that was the same lady that went far above and beyond the call of duty when we stopped there in May of 2010, when Sixt had 'lost' our car reservation. The TI lady called around and found us a car (from National/Europcar)--she was a great help.

The local TI sets up a trailer/tent near the gangway when ships call, and are very friendly and helpful.

I am still looking for a tour guide from Toulon.

So far all of the ones that I have contacted are either booked or their base is too far for them to go.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

• 2 years later...
Does NCL dock in Toulon or La Seyne-sur-Mer?

Hello and welcome to Cruise Critic, where you will find a wealth of information about cruising!

I suspect you did not mean to, but you have resurrected a thread here that is several years old. You've also asked a question specific to NCL. May I suggest you pose the question on the NCL board, and also call NCL about your specific cruise. (Just because someone on Cruise Critic said she was on the Jade and it docked in Toulon doesn't mean that it will for your cruise.) It's quite possible that the answer depends on which NCL ship and which itinerary.

Again, welcome to Cruise Critic!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, these boards are very helpful, my cousin recommended them.

Does this mean that the Celebrity S class ships dock at La Seyne, not actually at Toulon?

Thank you for your help

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Our Celebrity ship last fall docked at La Seyne sur Mer, but as I noted above, you should call Celebrity and check your specific sailing.

My thread from 3 years ago lives on! :D

For anyone interested, this is an EXCELLENT post on how to get from the port at La Seyne sur Mer into town in Toulon (and back), and some things to do while there. Check out the ferry:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1226994

We planned to go to Toulon based on that, and would have had we not slept until 1:30 P.M. due to jet lag :rolleyes:

Edited by pseudoware