Breakaway Balcony

ihopfar

I know this is probably a hard questions since the Breakaway is still being built, but I am trying to pick a mid-ship Balcony cabin for a cruise next summer to Bermuda.

I think 10216 looks like a good choice. Appears to be mid-ship with cabins above and below. It is a walk to either the forward or rear stairs, but since we want to be as "centered" as possible that is unavoidable on a ship with only two elelvator/stair banks.

(Plus, walking is good on a cruise with all the rich food.)

What balcony cabin would pick and why?

Thanks,

Brad

Looks like a good cabin choice from the typical noise-avoidance standpoint (no accounting for loud neighbors of course.)

You may want to weigh your personal preferences with respect to orientation while docked in Bermuda ( port side probably has a better odds of a "harbor view" in Bermuda), sailaway if you spend it in stateroom (Manhattan view, not Statue of Liberty) , and even the sun's position with respect to the time of day, for balcony use and views while sailing ( sunrise side to, sunset side from ).

If being "centered" is for ship's movement reasons, obviously also a reasonable choice. However, if "centered" refers to being located more central to shipboard activities, mathematically it's a wash distance-wise. In fact, I prefer my "get-there" walking to be on the public decks, not along the monotonous parade of stateroom doors.

You may not wish to give too much weight to my input, however, as we're currently booked with a Breakaway inside on Deck 11, directly under "the largest kid's activity area at sea."

Happy sailing, Brad!

I know this is probably a hard questions since the Breakaway is still being built, but I am trying to pick a mid-ship Balcony cabin for a cruise next summer to Bermuda.

I think 10216 looks like a good choice. Appears to be mid-ship with cabins above and below. It is a walk to either the forward or rear stairs, but since we want to be as "centered" as possible that is unavoidable on a ship with only two elelvator/stair banks.

(Plus, walking is good on a cruise with all the rich food.)

What balcony cabin would pick and why?

Thanks,

Brad

10216 looks fine - sunrises outward and view of island as you sail in, and sunsets on return and view of Statue of Liberty as you sail into NYC. Also there is a good chance ship will dock port side - you get nice Dockyard views and sunsets.

If it were us we'd pick a cabin close to one of the elevator banks.

Looks like a good cabin choice from the typical noise-avoidance standpoint (no accounting for loud neighbors of course.)

You may want to weigh your personal preferences with respect to orientation while docked in Bermuda ( port side probably has a better odds of a "harbor view" in Bermuda)' date=' sailaway if you spend it in stateroom (Manhattan view, not Statue of Liberty) , and even the sun's position with respect to the time of day, for balcony use and views while sailing ( sunrise side to, sunset side from ). [b']True.[/b]

If being "centered" is for ship's movement reasons, obviously also a reasonable choice. However, if "centered" refers to being located more central to shipboard activities, mathematically it's a wash distance-wise. In fact, I prefer my "get-there" walking to be on the public decks, not along the monotonous parade of stateroom doors.

You may not wish to give too much weight to my input, however, as we're currently booked with a Breakaway inside on Deck 11, directly under "the largest kid's activity area at sea." I think this is a bad idea - better for you to move away from that - thumping noise from Kids Club.

Happy sailing, Brad!

You may also want to consider cabin configuration before you book if that is important to you. The two configurations on most of the Breakaway balcony and minisuite cabins are bed by the slider or sofa by the slider. It appears 10216 is configured bed by the slider.

Personally I prefer the opposite as I am an early riser unlike my hubby, and for that reason there is less of a chance to wake him going out on the balcony in the wee hours if the bed is further away from from the slider.

Enjoy your cruise :)

When I booked my minisuite 14170 on Deck 14 I discussed cabin configuration with the agent. She said how you can tell the configuration of a particular balcony or minisuite cabin on the Breakaway is where the deepest part of the cabin is on the drawing that is where the bed will be located. If you look at 10216 ihopfar is interested in and 10218 next to it, the deepest part of these cabins are near the slider. The cabins on the other side of 10216 which are cabins 10214 and 10212 the deepest part is more toward center. Again, always best to confirm cabin configuration when booking.

Thanks all!

Actually, I think we prefer bed by the slider, so that would make 10216 a good choice for us. Except, I think we want the mirror image room, so now I am looking at 10210.

My only hesitation is it borders a mini-suite -- but because the balconies are lined up, and it is the hallway that looks to be curved in, seems like a nice place to be. Anyone have any thoughts on this location?

Thanks,

Brad

10210 looks like a decent location and has the bed by the slider that you desire. I don't think the curve will make any difference as the balconies do line up, and will likely only be slightly obvious in the hall where the minisuite entrance next to your cabin will jut out a little further than your entrance to accomodate it's little extra length.

Archived