Live from the Riviera's MV

What A Market

The Pool

I love the pool on the Riviera and the Marina. As I noted last summer, the pol is long enough to swim some decent laps. Also note worthy, is the size of the surrounding pool deck. There never seems to be a shortage of lounge chairs, both in and out of the sun. There are also loungers on Deck 13, 14, and 15 overlooking the pool (Deck 12). *For all in know there may be loungers on Deck 16.

Fortunately, they do not play music in the mornings on the PA system at the pool. As others have noted on these boards, I too find the music annoying. I guess *they play music to obscure the conversations taking place around the pool. I guess otherwise it is to make the pool area seem more beachy, casual or like a resort. Regardless, it is lost on me.

Some have commented that the pool water is not heated. This is not true. Easy to tell if you have ever dipped your toe in the Mediterranean during the month of May. Also as with the Med, the pool is filled with salt water. Very much preferable to regular chlorinated pool water (not that a ship could afford to waste this much "drinking" water to fill the pool).

If you are looking for super heated water, there are two jacuzzis flanking one end of the pool.

What a Market,

We have really enjoyed your postings, so thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us! When you get off the ship, I hope you'll pass the "CC posting baton" to the next passengers!

I'm happy to hear that there are plenty of deck chairs on Riviera. Seems like O did an outstanding job of addressing things like that with this ship.

So happy that your trip seems to have been a fun one. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences, and the photos of your beautiful suite.

Thanks for the random thoughts and the great pictures of a suite I would otherwise never see.

I find it interesting, though not strange, how your specialty restaurant preferences have changed from the last time. I don't expect that to be the case for me, but you never know...

Jacques will likely remain at the top. I say that as I am expecting a delivery today of a pound of fresh (flash frozen) foie gras and a torchon for my nephew's visit this weekend. He is a trained chef and we are looking forward to that treat (followed by a quadruple bypass) :D

Thanks for the random thoughts and the great pictures of a suite I would otherwise never see.

I find it interesting, though not strange, how your specialty restaurant preferences have changed from the last time. I don't expect that to be the case for me, but you never know...

Jacques will likely remain at the top. I say that as I am expecting a delivery today of a pound of fresh (flash frozen) foie gras and a torchon for my nephew's visit this weekend. He is a trained chef and we are looking forward to that treat (followed by a quadruple bypass) :D

So Paul, you are now dealing in the black market?:eek:

Remember foie gras is now illegal in California!!!!!

Guess we will have to drive to Reno to eat.

So Paul, you are now dealing in the black market?:eek:

Remember foie gras is now illegal in California!!!!!

Guess we will have to drive to Reno to eat.

Not exactly true on either count.

It will become illegal on July 1st - one of the reasons we decided to do this. We first wanted to go out and have it before July 1st - but then we decided that he as a chef can do it himself (and more affordably) :)

Also, you can buy it legally online (no black market) - one of the sources is from Canada:

http://www.gourmetfoodstore.com/foiegras/

I suspect this option will remain legal but you will not be able to order it in the CA restaurants after July 1st. You'd better hurry !!!

PS I am glad O sails under the flag of the Marshall Islands and not that of California. Vive Jacques :D

Sitting in Baristas one last time. Disembarking this morning in Athens.

Once again, I have to say it was a brilliant move on Oceania's part to bring Gianni on board for the MV and Christening cruise to set up Baristas. He disembarks with us in Athens.

The ten days od this cruise flew by. No sea days contributes to this effect. That being said, I would rather do a 14 day cruise with more overnights in port.

Staying overnight in Athens and flying home through Heathrow on Sunday.

I'll post more thoughts and photos when I get home.

Hi Paul: I too was surprised that our favorite specialty restaurants changed order. I also did the Terrace Cafe for the first time for dinner. More on that when I get home.

Archived