champagne bay lobsters

thied

• 2 weeks later...

They were small and way overpriced, the ones at Iles de Pines were better value and tasted fantastic - got them from a vender around near the big rock.

One bloke on Champagne Bay had a big lobster but wanted $100 - no way hosay

They were small and way overpriced, the ones at Iles de Pines were better value and tasted fantastic - got them from a vender around near the big rock.

One bloke on Champagne Bay had a big lobster but wanted $100 - no way hosay

yes there prices were all over the place, we got a med one for $25, were they 20 for a half a lobster in isle of pines?

I spoke to a couple of people who had lobsters at Isle of Pines and they said the flesh was dry and tasteless. It was their opinion that the lobsters had been frozen. Someone else might have bought better ones.

I have seen people enjoying the lobsters at Mystery Island, but if anyone is thinking of buying one I suggest getting it fairly early in the day as the vendors don't have ice boxes to keep the lobsters cool - they just sit on a bench.

I spoke to a couple of people who had lobsters at Isle of Pines and they said the flesh was dry and tasteless. It was their opinion that the lobsters had been frozen. Someone else might have bought better ones.

I have seen people enjoying the lobsters at Mystery Island, but if anyone is thinking of buying one I suggest getting it fairly early in the day as the vendors don't have ice boxes to keep the lobsters cool - they just sit on a bench.

Agree about getting in early on Mystery Island. And take some salt packets if you need this - none is provided!

055.jpg

I survived with a calm tummy - so did others.

Colleen

Agree about getting in early on Mystery Island. And take some salt packets if you need this - none is provided!

055.jpg

I survived with a calm tummy - so did others.

Colleen

Just back from Isle of Pines as we were on Pacific Pearl. The lobsters were $20 half, ad we arrived about 10am and they were well and truly cooked at that time, can't say what they would have tasted like at lunchtime. There were plenty of people trying, but I did not think for the price and size I would have purchased.

Boy, some people are brave. I wouldn't eat anything on land. Heard too many stories off very sick people.

:cool: I think I would be worried about Montezuma's Revenge or flesh-eating bacteria! :eek::eek::eek:

Boy, some people are brave. I wouldn't eat anything on land. Heard too many stories off very sick people.

I suspect my insides became accustomed to the effects of eating in different countries from travelling without a ship to go back to. I learned to suss out what was safe to eat and what was not. We usually eat ashore on port days - Suva is an exception.

Colleen

Archived