Costa Rica

CDreamer

Airfare is tough all over. Hoping for some relief with fuel coming down a bit. We are in 212 next year, Nov 30th 2013. Someone is sure to leave it crummy after you go to all that trouble to be neat.:eek::D

Jim, don't worry...we're in 212 on the sailing before you and we like to keep our stateroom neat and clean too. :)

Hi all, my wife and I will be on the Nov 23 sailing for our 1st SeaDream cruise. Azamara has been our favorite cruise line so far and we are really looking forward to sailing on SeaDream. Are any of you also on the Nov 23 cruise?

Also, many thanks to everyone who has been posting helpful info and tips!

Hi CKF, There are a bunch of folks on this thread who will be doing B2B (back to back) Barbados through the Panama Canal, and the first CR, including my husband Mitch and I.

We are coming with our friends Lisa and Andrew and will also be on Deck 2. Mitch and I were trying to remember how many SeaDream trips we've done and we have lost count, about 9 we think. We will be interested to meet you and hear about Azmara, SeaDream will speak for itself the moment you arrive. We're so excited to come that I can't fall asleep at night anymore :) Lot's of work to do before we leave though, so I am trying to stay focused. We we staying overnight at the Fairmont on Friday... ooh and dinner at The Cliff Friday night. It's our 3rd visit to Barbados and happily so because it's a direct flight from Toronto, God Save the Queen! :)

We look forward to meeting you, travel safe.

Ira (pronounced Earah) and Mitch

... ooh and dinner at The Cliff Friday night.

Ira & Mitch, when you are dining on the terrace of The Cliff on Friday night, look around you because there will be some of your fellow SD travelers there. DH & I, and another couple, will be dining there too. And the four of us are also on the B2B. We look forward to meeting you. This is fun!

Loving Life, I think CKF will be boarding in Caldera, as we get off! We'll be at the Hilton and going to the Oistins Fish Fry on Friday night. See everyone Saturday!

Vandrefalk

We'll be at the Hilton, too, Vandrefalk. Perhaps we will meet up at the pool.

Hi CKF, There are a bunch of folks on this thread who will be doing B2B (back to back) Barbados through the Panama Canal, and the first CR, including my husband Mitch and I.

We are coming with our friends Lisa and Andrew and will also be on Deck 2. Mitch and I were trying to remember how many SeaDream trips we've done and we have lost count, about 9 we think. We will be interested to meet you and hear about Azmara, SeaDream will speak for itself the moment you arrive. We're so excited to come that I can't fall asleep at night anymore :) Lot's of work to do before we leave though, so I am trying to stay focused. We we staying overnight at the Fairmont on Friday... ooh and dinner at The Cliff Friday night. It's our 3rd visit to Barbados and happily so because it's a direct flight from Toronto, God Save the Queen! :)

We look forward to meeting you, travel safe.

Ira (pronounced Earah) and Mitch

Hi Ira, vandrefalk is correct that we will be embarking in Caldera so I'm sorry to say that we will not be cruising with all of you who are doing the B2B. :( It's great to hear that you have done ~9 SeaDream trips and are still coming back for more. I have a feeling that this will not be our last SD cruise either. :)

We have been on 8-9 different cruise lines and Azamara is easily our favorite so far because of the wonderful crew, great service and food, country club casual environment, and them having reasonably small ships (~30k tons with 6-700 passengers). Silversea and Paul Gauguin both had very good service and smaller ships but the crew just didn't have the 'magic' that Azamara had in genuinely striving to make the trip special. We will be sailing on them again in January from Hong Kong to Singapore with multiple ports in Vietnam and Thailand, so we will have an opportunity to compare them with SeaDream. I have a feeling that SD will become our new favorite and can't wait to find out!

Safe travels and feel free to share your SD experiences in CR with the rest of us!