Platinum Benefits for 3rd Person in Cabin

My son and I are Platinum members. We are taking his best friend on our next cruise who has never sailed with Royal Caribbean. Will he receive the benefits as well since he is in the same cabin? Particularly, will he also be invited to the extra parties and have acces to the priority check-in and departure lounge?

He will be able to board with you and will probably be able to use the same departure lounge, but he won't receive an invitation to the top-tier events nor will he receive a coupon book. Basically, he gets to do the Platinum-oriented things with you that are for the whole cabin, like priority boarding and the departing lounge.

He will probably be allowed to board with you and use the departure lounge with you, since he is sharing your cabin. But probably won't get any other benefits.

My 2 daughters cruised with us on Voyager last year. They shared a cabin; they also share the same home address. One was Platinum, the other Emerald, and they received the coupon books and benefits based on their individual status.

Archived