Price Dropped. What Do I DO!!!!

Ok so I have noticed that the price has dropped some for my category on the FOS. We have booked directly and paid in full. We are not past the final payment date. What do I do to get OBC or upgrade, or whatever the case may be now that the price is lower...Call Customer service with all of my information? Need Guidence ASAP!! Thanks.

Ok so I have noticed that the price has dropped some for my category on the FOS. We have booked directly and paid in full. We are not past the final payment date. What do I do to get OBC or upgrade, or whatever the case may be now that the price is lower...Call Customer service with all of my information? Need Guidence ASAP!! Thanks.

Call Royal immediately and tell them you want to take advantage of a price drop. Unless the price is for new bookings only, you should get a credit to your credit card.

This is where a travel agent could help you. Unfortunately your only option is to plead your case with the cruise line.

I had this happen once. My travel agent was able to do something sneaky and get me the price reduction.

Provided that the new price is not for "NEW BOOKINGS ONLY" than you should have no problems with getting the price reduction. Also since it's not past the final payment period you should be able to get an actual refund back to your credit card.

However if you booked through a TA than you have to contact your TA.

If booked directly with RCCL than contact RCCL.

This is where a travel agent could help you. Unfortunately your only option is to plead your case with the cruise line.

I had this happen once. My travel agent was able to do something sneaky and get me the price reduction.

Why would you have to plead your case, if the price is not for new bookings only, then they are entitled to the new price:confused:

Why would you have to plead your case, if the price is not for new bookings only, then they are entitled to the new price:confused:

Because they paid in full. The policy does not apply to when final payment is due, it applies to when final payment is made.

Ok I called and apparently I was looking at the wrong thing...DW actually booked it and said one price which was the total she paid...not what they go by as price per person...duhhh (Not adding in taxes, fees, and extras...) I was too excited too quick to see it. Oh well Josh at the C&A was helpful in pointing me in the correct direction as well. Thank you.

I made my final payment a week before it was actually due. Two days later the price dropped $70 and I was able to get a refund to my credit card because it was before the actual final payment date.

Because they paid in full. The policy does not apply to when final payment is due, it applies to when final payment is made.

Completely and totally wrong. Just the opposite is true. The only thing that matters is final payment DATE, not whether YOU have paid in full.

You don't have to "plead" anything - if its a legitimate price drop that you are entitled to, they will give it to you, no problem.

Can;t imagine what the TA did that was sneaky, maybe thats what they told you? :eek::)

Can;t imagine what the TA did that was sneaky, maybe thats what they told you? :eek::)

All I know is what he told me. I got the price drop so there was no reason for me to question it.

There's nothing to plead or be sneaky about, and there's absolutely nothing unfortunate either. No TA is needed.

All the OP has to do is call RCI and they will give him the price reduction. Or, if the next higher category is now reasonably price, the OP can choose to upgrade. It's really quite simple.

We just received our fourth price drop on our NYE 12 FOS cruise:D Went online this morning and saw that the price of our D1 had dropped from $1739/pp to $1609/pp. Called C&A and just received the booking confirmation. When we first booked, the price was $1999/pp; then $1919; then $1839; then $1739. At this rate by the time we get to final payment date, RCI will have to send us a check and pay us for taking the cruise;)

I made my final payment a week before it was actually due. Two days later the price dropped $70 and I was able to get a refund to my credit card because it was before the actual final payment date.

Completely and totally wrong. Just the opposite is true. The only thing that matters is final payment DATE, not whether YOU have paid in full.

I just "learned something new!" Thanks nat and mom

Not true. I paid off a cruise a month and a half before final payment and when I saw a price drop, I called and asked for an OBC which was granted. I could have asked for credit on my CC, but was happy to take thge OBC.

Happy to tell you that is not correct. We got a huge credit on our Australia cruise AFTER we had paid in full, but BEFORE the actual payment due date. Took our TA one phone call, about 10 minutes.

We too have received the price drop back AFTER we paid in full but BEFORE the true final payment date. As far as the comment of that is why ya need a TA, um some TA's are not open when you see the price drop. Royal wont talk to you if you have a TA so you may miss the drop if your TA isn't around. Not anti TA's have one I love myself but I know I can contact him outside the normal limited business hours.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Same thing happened to me last year, I called they asked do I want a OBC or credit my credit card. Knowing some times you hear people on here talking abt trouble getting the OBC posted I had them credit my card...

Then I did the Happy Dance... :)

There's nothing to plead or be sneaky about, and there's absolutely nothing unfortunate either. No TA is needed.

All the OP has to do is call RCI and they will give him the price reduction. Or, if the next higher category is now reasonably price, the OP can choose to upgrade. It's really quite simple.

The ppl I travel with get all excited and grateful when I make that 30 second phone call too ;)

IT IS just that easy!! Honestly, this is one reason I don't bother w/ a TA. Too many ppl claiming the TA said they couldn't get the drop or was too slow and missed it etc.

Actually, this is a perfect example of why it's better to book direct. A person who notices a price-drop and booked through a TA would need to contact the TA and hope that the TA would then follow through with RCL to get the price-drop. Someone who books directly with RCL can just call RCL directly and get it.

And this just goes to show that prolific posters (20,000+!!) don't necessarily know what they're talking about. In fact, this is laughably wrong.

Although this wasn't a price drop, I noticed on Sat, a room opened up and was the same one we have booked for the previous cruise, 9 days earlier. I called our TA on Monday, she called me back in 30 minutes to tell me we were moved over. I can leave an email and be contacted almost immediately. She picks up the emails from her home computer after she leaves her business.

TA got us a price drop today on BOS for November 2 sailing. Combined with a small price drop earlier in May (on a Saturday when TA was closed), saved a total of $480 on cruise! When the TA was closed, I sent them an e-mail and on Monday morning they were able to get the credit. With this TA, we can get price drops up until 90 days before our cruise - I know that is less time than with RCCL but the onboard credit and specialty restaurant credit totals $150 and I doubt if the cruise would drop that much more! But, I would like it if it goes down further and RCCL pays us for going on the cruise!;)

Archived