Alaska Packing List

CruisinChic

The item I was most thankful I packed was a hooded rain jacket that was lined. I think I got it from Lands End and it could be folded into a pouch on the back of the jacket. Binoculars are a must too!

We went mid-August, and never needed the heavy clothes or jackets except for the excursion on a smaller boat to go up close to the glaciers. That was cold! Had rain jackets, only used them once. Light layers is the way to go, with a fleece jacket. It was hard to decide what to take, all the advice I got on here said the weather was so variable that layers were the best idea. Have fun on your cruise!

We're going in September and I'm already planning my suitcase. 5 T-shirts and tank tops( how many of each depends on weather reports before we go), 3 cotton long sleeved shirts, a fleece vest and a hoodie. Jeans and a waterproof rain coat that's lined. 3 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of capris, 2 dressy tops and 1 cocktail dress plus wrap. Boots, tennis shoes and a pair of sandals.

If there is room in the suitcase, my husband can bring clothes too. :D

We went last year the first week of June and actually could have worn shorts on our day in Skagway. Got up to 80 degrees, so take a pair, just in case.

Just layers, so you can take things off as needed. It's cold when you start out and then gets warmer throughout the day. You will love Alaska!

I was in Alaska two years ago in Aug. The best thing I can say is layers. Because it can change temp through out the day. When we went to the glacier it was in the 30's so it was cold when you went out on deck to look at it. I remember going back to the room to get another layer. I wore Jean and a sweatshirt in most ports.

layers and waterproof jacket. tennis shoes. Those were on our list to pack. We definately needed a jacket while we were on the glacier and when we were in the College Fjords. Gloves and hat for walking on the glaciers.

Archived