Time lapse of Golden Princess exiting dry dock

gcvt

Sad that they didn't get to see her depart. Better safe than sorry.

Here are two links you can follow for updates:

http://www.facebook.com/pacificbattleship

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/battleships-board/61260-we-got-iowa-22.html

Thank you very much for those links. I'm absolutely determined to see this battleship when she leaves the Bay.

How neat to be there to take that video! I used to live in the Bay area many years ago. Would love to be in that area now to get in on all of the ship watching activity! :)

We were on the cruise on the Golden right before the drydock and got friendley with some of the staff. The biggest thing they were supposed to be doing was moving the Skywalkers Lounge from the back of the boat to the middle due to the drag that it causes. They were also doing cosmetic things such as painting and changing some of the carpets.

We were on the cruise on the Golden right before the drydock and got friendley with some of the staff. The biggest thing they were supposed to be doing was moving the Skywalkers Lounge from the back of the boat to the middle due to the drag that it causes. They were also doing cosmetic things such as painting and changing some of the carpets.

They were pulling your leg concerning Skywalkers... :p

I can tell you that the beach we were on saw quite a few veterans...both American and Japanese...waiting to see the Iowa. Most were easily identifiable by their hats or shirts. The winds kicked up considerably around 5:30 and we were the last ones left on the beach by then :(

I can imagine there were a lot of disappointed people. Here is the USS Iowa on May 20, still tied up in Richmond.....

IMG_1675.jpg.373b62a5cefef9df7f8c43e11d92e4cf.jpg

Archived