Cave Tubing - Who to go with

bryancl

I've read many posts regarding cave tubing and still don't know who to go with. Reggies, Coral Breeze, or Xstream? Please help! There are four of us arriving on 4/29 on Enchantment.

Connie

Count me as another vote for x-stream.

Richard and Charles were the best. We were unable to get off the ship with the "ship tours" so were 45 minutes late (the first non-ship tour tender) and they waited for us and we still did not feel rushed at all through the whole trip.

Jim...

Adventure of the Seas - Thanksgiving Cruise 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Carnival Elation - Easter Cruise 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas - Feb 2003
Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2002
NCL Seaward (AKA Norwegian Sea) - June 1992
USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990
USS Coontz (DDG-40) - 1988

We have done the cave tubing with Reggie, it was the highlight of our trip. We plan to do it with him again the first week of May. I would not recommend the ships tours. Like has been said by others, the groups are usually too large to get any individual attention.

I'd say Reggie's Tour. Definetly!!!!!!!!! We just got back yesterday and our favorite part was cave tubing. It was my mother & I and Jahmia (our guide, spelling?). It was awesome. I had the best experience. I even got to swing from a vine and jump into the river. Very exhilerating. I learned so much about Belize and the culture. We stopped at a place called Amigos and had the best meal. Saw cruise ship tours with at least 40 people. Didn't look enjoyable.

I agree with using Reggie. We were on a tour March 30th with Reggie, his son and Timmy. What a great bunch of people. We had 12 in our group, never did we feel rushed, and if anything, they really took great care of us all. You are right about eating afterwards, it was one of the best lunches that I have ever eaten. We had a large group of people from the cruise ship in back of us, talk about hearding people!!!! Too many for me, I'll stick to our little group any day.
Reggie you were great[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Debbie and the gang fron the Galaxy.

[B]Pugsbest[/B]
A link for Reggie's is: [url="http://www.regtour.com"]www.regtour.com[/url]
If you decide to email him, don't worry if he doesn't reply right away. He will. Sometimes he's quick and sometimes it takes some time. Good luck & enjoy your cruise. I just returned last night. Am not extremely happy to be home.

BAXTER: I would think so. My mother is almost 50 and was nervous about the tubing. She did great. I got bit by a bug, but never saw it. My guide told me that people from all ages have been on the tour. Ones who were nervous, were relieved afterwards and glad they did it. You can always email Reggie with any questions.

Celebrity Horizon '99
NCL Majesty '00
Carnival Inspiration '03
NCL Sea '04

• 3 weeks later...
The link for wet & wild is: [url="http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/"]http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/[/url]
Marvin and his guides are great and they do provide life vests. They are very attentive to children or older people who might have a problem. The tour is $60 pp and lunch (which is delicious) is included in the price!

Cruzin buckeye - just to reassure you, you really won't have to do any swimming. And although there are some deep parts, for most of the trip the water is quite shallow. Several times when our guide wanted to make sure we were together, or show us something he would tell us to tip forward and put our feet down and I was surprised that it was so shallow. And when they say "butts up" - they mean it!

• 4 weeks later...
I (50+ grandmother with Asthma) and DH 58 yr. old grampy enjoyed our cave tubing adventure with Reggie. He does offer life vests, especially for the children. These will be hot while walking but are available for your safety and security if you feel it is necessary. The water level varies by area and season. The water was low in April and ran very slowly.
Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04
Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003
Carnival Legend 4/11/2003
Carnival Pride 2/23/2002
Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001
Grand Princess 3/2001
Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000
Sea Princess 2/22/1999
Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998
Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998
Celebrity Century 3/1997
Celebrity Zenith 11/1996
Legend of the Seas 6/1995
Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

We went with Wet-N-Wild last week and Marvin was our guide. We [B]highly[/B] recommend this company! You can read a long review about it on a different thread entitled "X-stream or Wet-N-Wild?" I think that was the title. If it is different, I will repost.

Alyson

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Enchantment of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...
We went tubing with Reggie at the end of May and had a great time. There were 16 people in our group and we had Reggie, his son Lonel,and Timmy as our guides three guides for 16 people). We rode in an air conditioned bus, all the way to the caves and back we were given information about Belize and its people. I would highly recommend this tour and Reggie and his staff. We are going back next May and we will go on Reggies tour again.

• 1 month later...
I want to vote for Reggie's cave tubing. It was excellent!!!!!!! He is a great tour guide and really cares about your safety. On the walk to the river he pointed out various trees and plants and even stopped in a cave for those people that wanted to see bats. The ride to the site was also great. He pointed out various landmarks and told us about Belize. We also stopped for lunch at that restuarant and the food was very good as was the beer. We had a small group- about 12 including 2 kids under 10 and they did just fine. I really think Reggie's is the best way to go!!! Hope this helps! Plus- He refers to his wife as "The Boss" so you know he tells the truth! (smile) I also want to say that Reggie was MUCH less expensive than the cruise line shore excursion!

Archived