Dose the computers have the office program on the ship

kesam

Our son needs to do some office stuff on the ship, when we go to alaska, and we need to know if there are computers that have Office on them on the ship or must he bring his laptop? Thanks for any help you can give us.

Our son needs to do some office stuff on the ship, when we go to alaska, and we need to know if there are computers that have Office on them on the ship or must he bring his laptop? Thanks for any help you can give us.
The ship's computers in the Internet Cafe have a very modified version of Internet Explorer and no other programs. You can access most websites and a few email clients but that's pretty much it. Websites with a lot of graphics will be extremely slow to load and may be blocked.

have him bring his laptop. setting up wireless is a breeze, and as long as he has a laptop that can access the web directly using a local wireless connection all should be good.

have him bring his laptop. setting up wireless is a breeze, and as long as he has a laptop that can access the web directly using a local wireless connection all should be good.

I agree, he should bring his own laptop. As others have said, the PCs in the Internet Cafe are only set up for internet access and do not have Microsoft Office set up on them. We always bring one of our iPads or netbooks to check email on so we have privacy and the convenience of not having to go down to the Internet Cafe. (Not that we think people care about what's in our email.) We almost always have an aft cabin and have not have any issues the past couple years with connecting to the wireless on the ship, just the normal satellite internet slowness. Even though I know they have sani-wipes available, I'm not a fan of public keyboards either. The only time I use one of the Internet Cafe PCs is when I when to go look at future cruises...and I use the sani-wipes on everything in case.

Archived