guarantee cabin appointed

champmason

We are 2 couples traveling together on the Equinox who originally had booked side by side C3 cabins. When the price dropped we both chose to go for the cheaper rate of a guarantee C3. Our staterooms were assigned immediately but the other couple is in room 1007 near the bow about 15 staterooms apart from us. Is is possible to contact our agent and request side by side rooms as there are many available or do we just accept our rooms with a smile!! :)

We are 2 couples traveling together on the Equinox who originally had booked side by side C3 cabins. When the price dropped we both chose to go for the cheaper rate of a guarantee C3. Our staterooms were assigned immediately but the other couple is in room 1007 near the bow about 15 staterooms apart from us. Is is possible to contact our agent and request side by side rooms as there are many available or do we just accept our rooms with a smile!! :)

Definitely call your agent and list some cabin numbers that you would like. Usually , as long as it is in the same category you were assigned, you can move to another. Maybe you can even get your original cabins back!

That happened to us- 1st CC gty assignment we changed to be next to friends who were also CC gty. Then another price reduction occurred after our TA requested final payment but before Celeb's date. We got the reduction but had to return to the GTY pool. Once reassigned we changed yet again and are back next to each other.

1007 is too close to the bridge IMO, so definitely try to change. I use sea scanner with a dot and a com to check cabin availability. Even if the cabin you want isn't showing as available, plug in the # and it just might be bookable.

Yes, you can always, always ask. We did the same thing and got a better cabin each time, at least in our opinion! If a TA is really good he/she can be of help. After all, that is what makes us go back to the same person again and again!:cool:

As far as I can tell, there is no problem changing rooms within the same category once you are assigned. We have never had difficulty doing it, at any rate. It does help if you ask for specific cabins so do your homework ahead of time!

I recently had my Guaranteed cabin changed...

I had also given up my originally selected cabin for a great rate on a Concierge guarantee...

I was assigned 1659...which I wasn't overly fond of due to how far aft it was...and away from the elevators...

I went onto Travelocity--where they show all of the available cabins up to 15 in any category and figured out which cabins were available...

Then I contacted Celebrity and asked for the move...to #2111--close to the elevators, on the "hump" with an oversized balcony...and was moved...since it was moving from a C2 to a C2, they had no problem doing it...

Go in prepared...know ahead of time which cabins are available in your C3 category...

Thank you for all your advice. Our staterooms are now changed to a better location #1271 and 1273. I found out which staterooms were available and asked for the two that we thought would be best. It wasn't any problem at all to switch.

Archived