Embarkation lunch?

silkhair1

What is open for lunch on the day we board the ship? Is there anything other than the buffet open? I was hoping a dining room for a little more relaxation. Thank You!

Hi Silkhair,

All Celebrity ships except Century feature Bistro on Five, and it's open for Lunch. The surcharge is $5 per person. Bistro on Five features Crepes, Paninis and excellent Desserts. For the $5 pp, you can have have as little or as much as you wish. It's a great way to avoid the crowds at the buffet, and a much more relaxed venue. I highly recommend it !

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Everyone seems to head for the self service, but as Host Andys says, Bistro on 5 is open, and not usually that busy, we had a 'free' meal there on a B2B changeover day.

We have also used Cafe Bacio and the Aqua Spa on embarkation day, both less hassle than the buffet! Mast Grill may be open as well!

Richard

Everyone seems to head for the self service, but as Host Andys says, Bistro on 5 is open, and not usually that busy, we had a 'free' meal there on a B2B changeover day.

We have also used Cafe Bacio and the Aqua Spa on embarkation day, both less hassle than the buffet! Mast Grill may be open as well!

Richard

Does anyone know if The Porch on the Silhouette is open as well?

Bistro On 5 has become our "go to" place for lunch on embarkation day. Fabulous food and so much more relaxed than the madhouse at the buffet. On our last two cruises we noticed Bistro On 5 gets busier as the cruise progresses. I think a lot of folks don't discover it right away and a lot of people are used to the buffet being the only option on boarding day.

We hit Bistro on 5 when it opened at 11:30am on embarkation day on the Eclipse TA in April, and had a wonderful, leisurely lunch. (Thanks to all for the tips on here!) Not long after we arrived, the place filled up. So the word about this is out!! (BTW, the Cowboy Crepe was amazing. Yum!)

Agree about Bistro although there was a post a couple of weeks ago that it was mobbed on Embarkation day so the "secret" may be out. Also, Aqua Spa cafe and the grill are usually open also.

Back to the OPs question and to add to it, MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day and also closed on port days.

Thank you, this is all very helpful. I am so used to NCL, that changing lines is scary to not know most secrets!

Not to worry! After 5 NCL cruises, we just took our first on Celebrity (the Eclipse TA) and loved it. It's a very different experience, obviously. Read up on here and ask questions, as you are doing.

Enjoy!

Not to worry! After 5 NCL cruises, we just took our first on Celebrity (the Eclipse TA) and loved it. It's a very different experience, obviously. Read up on here and ask questions, as you are doing.

Enjoy!

And if you aren't on the roll call for your trip, please go there as people are wonderful about sharing tips! Enjoy

Thank you, this is all very helpful. I am so used to NCL, that changing lines is scary to not know most secrets!

Silkhair1: I sincerely hope you enjoy your upcoming Celebrity cruise. The hubby and I left the Infinity about about ten days ago, and are still suffering the effects of cruise withdrawal! Please consider posting a comparison between Celebrity and NCL after your return. Would enjoy reading your thoughts.

Our solution is to eat a late b'fast... board after 12:00 and then have a late lunch/snack. We always do late seating for dinner, so it works for us that way. If you go to lunch after the announcement that the cabins are open (usually around 1PM) the cafe is much quieter.

The secret is out!! When we boarded Eclipse for the TA, Bistro was packed! They told us to come back in an hour! So we went to the Martini Bar just to have a place to sit, and met two of our best friends on the trip, Roy and Tim! Worked out great and we are going to visit them in London when we get there tomorrow!

Is Aqua Spa self-serve?

It is self serve, but they will grill to order tuna, chicken, or salmon. It is a great place for embarkation lunch. Great choice for lighter, nice quality food and much more relaxing than the buffet.

Bistro on 5 is great too, but as noted, it looks like the secret is getting out.

It is self serve, but they will grill to order tuna, chicken, or salmon. It is a great place for embarkation lunch. Great choice for lighter, nice quality food and much more relaxing than the buffet.

Bistro on 5 is great too, but as noted, it looks like the secret is getting out.

The cold stuff is self serve. The grilled food is made to order.

Archived