Back 4rm Freedom Mothers Day Cruise 5/13/2012

Shatima

Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers to you and your entire family. I'm thoroughly enjoing your review,it's reading like a great suspense novel. Will be on this same cruise in Sept,so it is good to know you had a great time(17th coming up and never had a bad cruise). We did a tour with Ms Rosa last year in GC,she bought all of us souvinirs-great lady. Dying to hear what happened in JA.

HI...

I am enjoying your review and cant wait to read the rest. I will be doing this cruise with my BFF in December.

Can you tell me where you got your door decorations?

My condolences to your family on the loss of your Aunt.

At the Place called Hell, But I roll with GOD ;)

240.jpg

235.jpg

227-Copy.jpg

226.jpg

221-Copy.jpg

May I ask you a few questions regarding the tour pictured above ($20/pp)? Do you just look for this tour at the Grand Cayman pier after tendering? Do we look for a "Mama Rosa" sign? You do not have to reserve it in advance? Was this an all-day tour? Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. We are on this same Freedom itinerary in Sept. Thanks for your help.

I am enjoying your review! I am anxiously waiting to hear about nanny's adventure in Jamaica. I am on the count down the the Freedom, June 10th.

So sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers for your family.

Thanks SO much for your Thoughts everyone..

My heart goes out to you MAR6732. Im am very happy that tyou did get to spend time with him before he leaves here.. I keep saying that my Auntie wont suffer ever again.. U know the week b 4 we left on the Cruise she was put on Hospic and they gave her 6mths to live.. well the next week she was gone. SO just show ur love, and the family MUST support each other. When someone dies a family can be torn apart Im telling you.. My prayers are with you and ur family..

Thanks!

Today is Jamaica Day May 17, 2012

I will start out by saying that I didn’t care for This Port (since my last Cruise in Sept2011) But since I did a few things differently this time, I must say I Love me Some Jamaica, minus what they did to My Nanny. She was so scared, and this was her first time there, it was a HOT mess. But I will finish that towards the end of this thread…

Rise and Shine nice and early. After a quick bite of breakfast in the Dinning Room, We got ready for our Tour today with Phil lafayette http://jamaicaphil.com/. He has SO many great reviews, and he picked us up inside the gate (by saying that as soon as you get off the ship in Jamaica and you walk through the gate, that’s where all these guys start trying to sell you a Cab ride, and anything else under the sun) So that was all ready a great thing for us.. The tour me and my family went with was called the Ocho Rios Highlight - Taste of Jamaica. It was $40pp and we pretty much got to see the Island, we went to Dunn River Falls, and River Tubing (over half of the folks on our tour bus had that as part of their’s) SO while they were in the Water we got to take pix and sight see, and get info on the Island. I did have to go to the Nurses shack b 4 we left DRF, I got bite by some kinda bug, and they had to help me out. Phil showed us the difference in the lower income areas to the much higher income areas that over look Oceans. The Bus was full of AC, and Phil was SO kind, and we ALWAYS felt safe. And that was VERY big for me and my family, since I know how they can be in OR. When the tour came to an end he asked us where would we like to get drop off at. We got off at Margaretville so my family could get their shopping in and all I wanted was my Margarita:0) while they were shopping I was getting my drink, I went to look for them and found something/someone that should be on “America Got Talent”. This guys could bend his body like a pretzel (see pix). Time to go back to the ship. By the time we had got to the side walk (the main street back to the ship) we had about 4 guys ready to give us a ride back into port (short walk but in the heat and then add the hustlers it was worth the Cab fare, $4 total :0) SO if you are still following me I haven’t said anything about Nanny yet well here we go.</SPAN>

After a full day with Phil, and then shopping I have to say that our Private Excursion /Day went SO well, I couldn’t say anything bad about that. Here is where the day starts to turn for a min.. DM went ahead of us, she didn’t want to keep stopping (I take SO many pix) so she got on the before us, Got nanny to her Cabin then off to mines to shower, cool down/fix me a drink, get ready for the Past Guest Party… SO while I’m doing that I get a call from DM asking where is Nanny? I say with YOU, that’s the last place I left her in the Cabin. I was getting a lil scared because I could see that we should had been left OR by this time, but I still seen folks running to the dock. Long story short, A Carnival Sponsored Excursion ran like 10-15 mins late so we HAD to wait for them (and I say that to say, please know if they weren’t a CSE then all 30 people would have got left!) Come to find out nanny went to get a DOD and her card wouldn’t work twice, she goes back to the cabin to get my DM to help her figure out why the card wouldn’t work..When they get to the desk they tell DN that she is not who she says she is. My DN says, “Come again” I’m standing here talking to you, what do you mean? Then the Guest Services lady tells DM/DN that there were 31 people were missing from the ship due to a late excursion. 30 of them were all counted for and on deck the 31st person never was found, so they got left in OR. Well Carnival had Nanny down as being # 31 & left her in Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!! How that happen I have NO clue. I never left my nanny’s side until I got her to her cabin. She gave them her S&S card as she got back on the ship, and the alarm even went off because of her knee, But No one checked her and we were on our way, fine w/o problem. SO as it boils down Carnival just like anyone/anything else makes mistakes. Their Computer System went Crazy and they shut down my DN’S account. They had to reinstate her, and she they had to swipe her CC , so she could have funds again. She was so shock when they wouldn’t let her get a drink, and I think a lil embarrassedL. I’m just thankfully it wasn’t worst. I have seen people get left all the time and it’s NOT pretty. Has this happen to anyone else before????

Wooooo, I really need this Past Guest Party, And every Drink that comes with it. That had me a Nervous wreck. So it was now about 4:00pm time to get this party started. The PGP is for all the Pass guest (and you can bring one guest with you) it’s not in the fun times, but you will get your invite in ur mail box outside your door a day before hand). If you have never been, pretty much there are waiters walking around with Drinks, and lil finger snacks for you. Then you watch a lil movie, and yell every time you see a ship you went on. Then they do a raffle (from your invite that you turn in at the door), there is a Band, if any couples want to slow dance on stage you are more than welcome. After that was over it was all most time for Dinner. Dinner was good to me ;-) Jump Jive & Wall was at 8:45pm for the early seating so I went to that, and it was nice.. I really loved all the shows.. Don’t want to give anything away ;) The rest of the night, was walking around the ship, getting my Drink on, meeting new people on, and doing a lot of LOL. Now, Time for bed, I had to be up and ready for the Fun Tour which started at 8:30am. No sleeping in on the Last Sea Day…

Sorry that this one took me a while to get too. Between the Death, and then Family, then the Holiday. Just been a lot going on… Hope u had a great Weekend, and RIP to ALL the Falling Soilders.. Pix coming have to do a lil work,,

I'll start by saying a few year ago, I was able to get my daughter 2 prom dresses from Deb on clearance for $24.00!! WOO HOO I love a bargin!! Ok, my guess is.....$25.00. What ever you paid, it was worth it...just beautiful!!

You sound like my kinda lady.. I only paid $14.... WoooooooooHooooooooo :0)

do you know if they offers the WIFI on the second day for half price or extra time. I was on the Miracle last july and they did this.

I though I had ALL of my fun times but I dont SO I can't tell you about the 2nd day :( Bu if you are going on this Cruise that I went on.. on the 2nd day you willstill be in Florida (KW) and you should be able to use ur cell(if u have that on ur cell) i do see on that Thursday We lefton a Sunday. They have this More for your money use the web 4-6pm for a ten min session and u get ten mins free.. Sorry I dont have more info for you.. It was just to high, so I didnt pay alot of attention

May I ask you a few questions regarding the tour pictured above ($20/pp)? Do you just look for this tour at the Grand Cayman pier after tendering? Do we look for a "Mama Rosa" sign? You do not have to reserve it in advance? Was this an all-day tour? Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. We are on this same Freedom itinerary in Sept. Thanks for your help.

Yes there are people holding up signs when u first get out the gate. I all ways just asked for Mama Rosa.. SHe a older women so EVERYONE knows who she is and where. Now U will have some folks tell you she is busy or dont know where she is, but they just want you to tour with them, and not her.. DOnt fall for it, I have her Cell phone # at home. I will have to get back to you on that..

You book it when you get to her, ita the same tour and its only about and 1 hour-2 hours just depends on the folks on the ship... She will take you to the places I listed and u get to shop, take pix,etc so it depends on you how long Then she will drop you off, We like to end our day at the Beach.. Any time let me know if you need anything else..

I am enjoying your review! I am anxiously waiting to hear about nanny's adventure in Jamaica. I am on the count down the the Freedom, June 10th.

So sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers for your family.

Thanks so much.. Well the story is out.. I hope u enjoy the restof it.. lol. And have a Ball.. U dont have that much longer

Thank goodness Nanny didn't get left behind.

We did this cruise last Sept and loved it so much we're doing it again in Oct. Love your review.

When we tried to get off the ship in KW all these alarms started going off .... WTH. So they pulled us off to the side and reset the S&S card. We had just used it not to long before that. Talk about embarassing. They never really did say why this happened. But it happened again when we were disembarking.

Sorry for your loss.

Yes there are people holding up signs when u first get out the gate. I all ways just asked for Mama Rosa.. SHe a older women so EVERYONE knows who she is and where. Now U will have some folks tell you she is busy or dont know where she is, but they just want you to tour with them, and not her.. DOnt fall for it, I have her Cell phone # at home. I will have to get back to you on that..

You book it when you get to her, ita the same tour and its only about and 1 hour-2 hours just depends on the folks on the ship... She will take you to the places I listed and u get to shop, take pix,etc so it depends on you how long Then she will drop you off, We like to end our day at the Beach.. Any time let me know if you need anything else..

Thank you so much for the information. We are definitely going to take this tour. I will make sure to ask for Mama Rosa. Your review has been great! It has been so helpful to me for our Sept sailing. Thanks for all the useful information!!

Thank you so much for the information. We are definitely going to take this tour. I will make sure to ask for Mama Rosa. Your review has been great! It has been so helpful to me for our Sept sailing. Thanks for all the useful information!!

Ur welcome and any time :0)

Now see thats crazy!!!!!!! ANd thanks so much..

Thank goodness Nanny didn't get left behind.

We did this cruise last Sept and loved it so much we're doing it again in Oct. Love your review.

When we tried to get off the ship in KW all these alarms started going off .... WTH. So they pulled us off to the side and reset the S&S card. We had just used it not to long before that. Talk about embarassing. They never really did say why this happened. But it happened again when we were disembarking.

Sorry for your loss.

Hi Shatima:

Thanks for all the great review and Info.

We will cruise for our first time in September - the exact cruise you just did!

Appreciate it alot.

Oh ur welcome... U will have a blast.. Thanks so much for reading

Archived