New Loyality program rolling out this year

ManyMore

My daughter just turned 5 last January with 3 cruises under her belt. Any bets on if she hits Platinum before the new changes are rolled out.

My money is on her hitting Platinum first! :)

I believe the new loyality program will be rolling out this year as our conference call tomorrow with Carnival involves the loyality program and I did see information on Blue... red... Platinum and Diamond. Once I hear more info I will post.

Are you a PVP? Please come back and tell us what you've heard... Rumor has it that the new loyality program is going to be announced June 4th... Of course, rumor also didn't say what year!!!

Omgoodness funny!!:p;)

My butcher today told me it will not be before Jan of next year. He knows this because his wifes brothers cousin used to be a room steward and he knows one of the towel folders on the Glory.

Omgoodness funny!!:p;)

Taking a bow.

Do think this whole thing is very silly. Everyone at Carnival should just shut up about this whole thing until they are ready to introduce it.

We are platinum and will take years to get to the highest level.

Milestone meant almost nothing before and wonder if new highest level will be worth more than a white card and one 25% discount to us?

It will be interesting to see what John posts about it today...at least that was the plan on Monday:rolleyes:

He will tell us that the plan is even more complicated than it was before and he will have details soonest.

Unless it is going to be later.

I dont book for the comps, but I've got to think that all of this l.ead up there must be something good about it. To do so otherwise will cause alot of bad press. That being said you cant make everyone happy. I DO Hope that there is a grandfather clause because i just need to get another one in by next year to be platinum.

I dont book for the comps, but I've got to think that all of this l.ead up there must be something good about it.

Yeah I would not go that far. Plenty of super huge major announcements that turned out to be less earth shattering than described.

I am interested to atleast see what the categories are. What I don't like is that it seems, based upon the completely speculative information put forth to date, that there may be no distinction between brand new first time cruisers and past guests, until you reach the next level, which I won't until next cruise (maybe if its a longer one and not a short one like I think I might do). I know there is not that much right now for past guests that are not platnium, just a party and gold card. But there is something special about having that gold card versus the blue one. I figure its just a plot to get rid of the past guest party, then they can replace it with a reception or something, for higher levels.

A monitor in one of the Carnival forums said this week it would be three weeks.

That would be the announcement but not the start date.

Have to wait, as usual, to see if that is accurate.

Actually I think Gold is more prestigious than Platinum because Platinum looks like silver. Right now Gold is sell for more than Platinum.

Taking a bow.

Do think this whole thing is very silly. Everyone at Carnival should just shut up about this whole thing until they are ready to introduce it.

We are platinum and will take years to get to the highest level.

Milestone meant almost nothing before and wonder if new highest level will be worth more than a white card and one 25% discount to us?

I am hoping that the Milestone will get a few extra perks also. But of course that is if they do grandfather everyone in like they say they are.

I am sure we will know by the year 3000. Or when your butcher gets the rest of the scoop.

I never can remember the name milestone .. so they copied RCL's Diamond.. they couldnt come up with their own name. Shame on Carnival. Very lame to copy a level name from another line. Always late to the party, probably why I prefer RCL who is first with innovative ideas.

I hope you are wrong .. and they come up with their own name... not diamond.

You're surprised? Carnival copies everything else the other cruise lines do so why not this? When you are a follower this is how you roll. :rolleyes:

You're surprised? Carnival copies everything else the other cruise lines do so why not this? When you are a follower this is how you roll. :rolleyes:

Why always re-invent the wheel? If it has been proven successful in the past, why not "borrow" it? We, as teachers, do this at times. The only problem occurs when the product (lesson) is not updated to keep up with all the new innovative lessons/products out there. Hopefully CCL will be "innovative" with their loyalty program, and not go backwards. That would stink.

It almost gets old after a while...Like we say down south, why don't they ---- , or get off the pot..How many years does it take ? It may have been a ploy to sell more cruises also...When Royal changed their program to points , there wasn't a 5 year discussion about it before it happened.Come on Carnival, get it over with..

Apparently, Carnival isn't just restructing their loyalty program...they installed a brand new computer system.....which had to be designed before it could be implemented.

Now that is has been designed and is up and running.....

we will see.

Archived