New Loyality program rolling out this year

ManyMore

Apparently, Carnival isn't just restructing their loyalty program...they installed a brand new computer system.....which had to be designed before it could be implemented.

Now that is has been designed and is up and running.....

we will see.

We certainly will, just a question of when

We are just getting Carnival in Boston and the loyalty information was stated in the training information. The Glory will only be in Boston June and July so why they would tell staff anything about a program that starts after the ship leaves for the season wouldn't make sense.... then again.... lol :rolleyes:

Apparently, Carnival isn't just restructing their loyalty program...they installed a brand new computer system.....which had to be designed before it could be implemented.

Now that is has been designed and is up and running.....

we will see.

True they have a new computer system starting just in time for the Golry in Boston

I see many that have 2 or more future cruises planned...my question is: Are these cruise that you have actually put a deposit on or that you are planning (wanting) to take?

I never can remember the name milestone .. so they copied RCL's Diamond.. they couldnt come up with their own name. Shame on Carnival. Very lame to copy a level name from another line. Always late to the party, probably why I prefer RCL who is first with innovative ideas.

I hope you are wrong .. and they come up with their own name... not diamond.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd use Ununoctium. Much better than silly Diamond.

It will be interesting to see what John posts about it today...at least that was the plan on Monday:rolleyes:

According to his post on fb Wed will now be Thursday which is a postponement of a postphonment, of a postponment of a postponment of a postphonment, of a postponment, of a postphonment, of a postponment,of a postphonment.

Well you get the idea, tired of copying and pasting.icon7.gif

I never can remember the name milestone .. so they copied RCL's Diamond.. they couldnt come up with their own name. Shame on Carnival. Very lame to copy a level name from another line. Always late to the party, probably why I prefer RCL who is first with innovative ideas.

I hope you are wrong .. and they come up with their own name... not diamond.

Just a thought - couldn't you say that RCCL stole Platinum from Carnival.

LOL.......good question given the time its taken so far. :D I think World War II took about the same amount of time.

Rather remarkable how long this has taken. Management of Carnival seems so foolish for allowing this to take so long.

I continue to be amused with how upset/worried/frantic/obsessed some people are about this.

Seriously! Is it really that important?

DD should be Platinum on her next cruise in November. If it turns out she isn't grandfathered in, oh well! That's the breaks!

I suppose there are people here who would've MUCH preferred that Carnival just hastily slap something together and roll it out without giving it much thought.

The they could've complained ad nauseum over how Carnival hadn't thought the changes through.

Would that have made the good posters here happy? No? Shocking! :p

surely they arent really going to call the first two levels red and blue.. that might be the color of the cards, but the name?? really?

I just cant believe this is true.

It would rank right up there with renaming Destiny, a perfectly good name, though the ship has some problems, Sunshine .. and moving it to Europe where they have a lot less sun than the Caribbean. Makes no sense to me either. I think that too is a lame name.

Man are you a Negative Nellie today.... I can not imagine a day when something like the name of a reward system would make me so pissed...JMHO...but smile and enjoy the beautiful sunshine grumpy pants :p

Co-worker just advised she received a call from her PVP informing her that she needed to get her 8th cruise in by June 11th so that she would be "grandfathered" into the Platinum level... So she booked a 3 day for June 1st.... Smart PVP...

I believe the June 11th date just hoping that the announcement will be June 11th and then Carnival will hopefully give us 18 months to try to get "grandfathered" into whatever the next level will be....

Lets see...

I continue to be amused with how upset/worried/frantic/obsessed some people are about this.

DD should be Platinum on her next cruise in November. If it turns out she isn't grandfathered in, oh well! That's the breaks!

I suppose there are people here who would've MUCH preferred that Carnival just hastily slap something together and roll it out without giving it much thought.

The they could've complained ad nauseum over how Carnival hadn't thought the changes through.

Sorry I don't agree... I do think people who are close do care... They are anticipating being one of the first to board the ship, they are anticipating the free laundry service, some are anticipating the line for Platinum Guests Only at Guest Services etc...

At 9 cruises, I believe she is considered "grandfathered" but what about those at 7 or 8 cruises?

I am already platinum but only have 105 days in so I will be a long while before hitting that 200 mark. Doesn't matter to me... I am going to continue to cruise and enjoy it and if I hit some lever for something along the way, then it's just a bonus.

...she needed to get her 8th cruise in by June 11th so that she would be "grandfathered" into the Platinum level...

That's crap - what happened to needing 10 and having to spend the $$$ to do so? :mad:

Sounds more like being "step-grandfathered" in! :rolleyes:

I am already platinum but only have 105 days in so I will be a long while before hitting that 200 mark. Doesn't matter to me... I am going to continue to cruise and enjoy it and if I hit some lever for something along the way, then it's just a bonus.

So fill me in. You indicate a new level at 200 days. If this rumor? Fact?

Personally I dont care as we will not make the top level for years.

Not about to do more cruises just for the possibility of getting there faster just going to go when it suits us.

But sure having a lot of fun with the threads on this.icon7.gif

Co-worker just advised she received a call from her PVP informing her that she needed to get her 8th cruise in by June 11th so that she would be "grandfathered" into the Platinum level... So she booked a 3 day for June 1st.... Smart PVP...

I believe the June 11th date just hoping that the announcement will be June 11th and then Carnival will hopefully give us 18 months to try to get "grandfathered" into whatever the next level will be....

Lets see...

Interesting

In the past week my inbox has been flooded with deals from both my pvp and carnival touting special exclusive pack n goes , last min deals , past guest and resident offers

Perhaps this is another stratergy to get people booking?

As far as the changes They only thing I like is the priority boarding

An the last trip we didn't even use it

Never fan of the laundry

That's crap - what happened to needing 10 and having to spend the $$$ to do so? :mad:

Sounds more like being "step-grandfathered" in! :rolleyes:

I didn't say I believed it, I'm just repeating what co-worker was told by her PVP... But, I will tell you that John has said all along that if you're "close" you'll be at the next level and maybe by "close" it means within 2....????

Archived