2006 HAL ALASKA voyages, where are they?

Aloha_Jackie

Aloha - ahoy - anyone out there know anything about HAL ALASKA voyages for 2006? We are specifically looking at September 2006 so that the kiddie-winkers will be in school, but nothing seems to be popping up on HAL, Travlocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc. Any day now or what?!?!

:confused:

Last year HAL didn't have rates out till July if I recall correctly.. one reason we went with Princess for the group.. could not get anything from HAL in midsummer.. they said there were "still concentrating on the 2004 Alaska season..."

Are all of the Princess 2006 ships available for booking? I only seem to find information/pricing on the Island and Coral. I'd like to book, but want to find out about the Diamond and Sapphire.

Thanks.

Aloha Caroline - thanks for the information. I suspected as much. DH and I called and requested a brochure and talked with HAL yesterday, they said brochures werent going to be out for probably about a month. The other Cruise critic friend I am traveling with and her DH called today and HAL said they'd send one right out - go figure?! I think this is going to be a game of cat and mouse and persistence will pay off in the end. I am interested in a decent cabin selection and want to get a nice sailing date, rather than being forced into one that is all that is left. I dont want to sound negative, i am just excited to get something booked. The sooner the better!

Bellebaby - I saw dates and availability on Island Princess and Coral - I can definitely recommend the Island, we were all on it at Christmas and New Years for a 15 day roundtrip from San Diego to Hawaii - excellent!

Aloha Caroline - thanks for the information. I suspected as much. DH and I called and requested a brochure and talked with HAL yesterday, they said brochures werent going to be out for probably about a month. The other Cruise critic friend I am traveling with and her DH called today and HAL said they'd send one right out - go figure?! I think this is going to be a game of cat and mouse and persistence will pay off in the end. I am interested in a decent cabin selection and want to get a nice sailing date, rather than being forced into one that is all that is left. I dont want to sound negative, i am just excited to get something booked. The sooner the better!

{QUOTE]

Hi Jackie

Funny, we're going to be booking Alaska for August 2006, anyday now with Princess. Will be doing a 15 day cruise/tour. Also 1 day stay in Vancouver. I can't wait to finally book, as I've been researching this for months now.

Minette

Aloha - ahoy - anyone out there know anything about HAL ALASKA voyages for 2006? We are specifically looking at September 2006 so that the kiddie-winkers will be in school, but nothing seems to be popping up on HAL, Travlocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc. Any day now or what?!?!

:confused:

Overall very few kids sail Alaska compared to the Caribbean and even less usually on HAL. More important is the very "iffy" weather you can encounter in Sept- past the first week.

Aloha and thanks/mahalo to all - we did get the information we needed. We have friends who are coming along with us and are also cruise critic afficianados, who are also residents of Fairbanks, Alaska. They are the ones who are only able to go for one week in September - so thats whats driving that train...we dont mind. We want to use this as an opportunity to get together and just have some fun. Everything else is just gravy. But boy oh boy do those Salmon trips in Ketchikan look fun!

:D

Archived