Monarch of the Seas, A quick review (maybe)

Hello. The Lavaflow is one of the specialty drinks they make. I had heard about how good they were and mine was so good I did not think to look and see or ask what was in it.

Oh gosh.. I want to be there now! Can't wait.. Had to look up the LavaFlow for anyone interested:

There are numerous variations for making a Lava Flow. This biggest difference is that some recipes use 1 oz. of light rum and 1 oz. of Malibu® coconut rum. When Malibu® coconut rum is unavilable you can use 1 1/2 oz. of light rum and 1/2 oz. of coconut cream.

Ingredients:

• 1 oz. light rum
  • 1 oz. Malibu® coconut rum
  • 2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 1 small banana
  • 2 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
  • 2 oz. coconut cream

Thanks so much for your info..Great to read other reviews

Oh gosh.. I want to be there now! Can't wait.. Had to look up the LavaFlow for anyone interested:

There are numerous variations for making a Lava Flow. This biggest difference is that some recipes use 1 oz. of light rum and 1 oz. of Malibu® coconut rum. When Malibu® coconut rum is unavilable you can use 1 1/2 oz. of light rum and 1/2 oz. of coconut cream.

Ingredients:

• 1 oz. light rum
  • 1 oz. Malibu® coconut rum
  • 2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 1 small banana
  • 2 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
  • 2 oz. coconut cream

Thanks so much for your info..Great to read other reviews

You are welcome. Glad I could help. Have a great time!

I had a RCI customer service agent tell me on the phone that the sushi was free but I suspected either A) too good to be true or B) the sushi wouldn't be that good. Actually glad to hear that it's decent quality even if I have to pay!

What day does the Captains welcome aboard show happens. (or rather what time, I assume it's the first day). Is it open to everyone?

Thank you again for the review! Gets me very excited to board in 10ish days!!

I had a RCI customer service agent tell me on the phone that the sushi was free but I suspected either A) too good to be true or B) the sushi wouldn't be that good. Actually glad to hear that it's decent quality even if I have to pay!

What day does the Captains welcome aboard show happens. (or rather what time, I assume it's the first day). Is it open to everyone?

Saturday (Day 2 - Nassau), 7:30pm, main theater. Open to everyone.

More than likely the customer service agent was thinking of Jade on the Freedom Class ships. On those ships Jade is part of the Windjammer and it is only different sushi rolls and different Asian style foods. The Captain's Show is on Day 2 on the 3 day cruise in Nassau.

Great review! I agree ! The Lava Flow is wonderful! I've got to try the mango lava flow next time :) I also agree that the pizza on Monarch isn't all that. Sorrentos on Freedom is MUCH better!

Thanks for your review :)

Great review! I agree ! The Lava Flow is wonderful! I've got to try the mango lava flow next time :) I also agree that the pizza on Monarch isn't all that. Sorrentos on Freedom is MUCH better!

Thanks for your review :)

Hi Ryano! Glad you liked my review. I also enjoyed reading your recent review of the Freedom. I am glad you enjoyed the Freedom, I would have to say that so far the Freedom is my favorite ship. My opinion could change though after I experience the Allure later this year.

Loved your review Harold! I know it will be fun to cruise with you and your friends in just 4 months! You make me wish I had time to try out Monarch before she leaves the fleet :(

Did you make it to the Viking Crown lounge?

Loved your review Harold! I know it will be fun to cruise with you and your friends in just 4 months! You make me wish I had time to try out Monarch before she leaves the fleet :(

Did you make it to the Viking Crown lounge?

Hi Susan. Yes I did make it up to the Viking Crown Lounge. I did not stay too long there, one side is smoking and the other is not but there were a few folks up there smoking some stinky cigars and it made the non smoking side stink as well.

Archived