wine cost

RetiredFL

With the corkage fee now $25 can anyone who has been on a recent cruise or who is on board now tell me the cost of a bottle of Merlot on the ship's wine list. Nothing fancy but perhaps a St. Francis, etc.

We are debating buying wine at a shop before we sail and paying the corkage fee as opposed to buying on board. Granted we will have a better selection at a wine store.

Thanks.

Don't forget the sale they have a few days into the cruise. We got some great wines for $30-40, and no corkage.

One price I remember was a NZ white that we had bought at the winery for $30, it was on the wine list for $68 and on sale for $50. Didn't buy that one. Did buy it after I got home though as we liked it a lot and it was $22 CDN.

Of course it helps that the government controlled liquor store in Ontario is the world's largest single wine purchaser.

Mo

Don't forget at happy hour, several wines are available at 2 for 1 prices. Some wines that are $40 to $50 on the wine list in the dining room are available at happy hour for $10 for two glasses ($5 a glass), or about the equivalent of $20 per bottle.

Don't forget the sale they have a few days into the cruise.

Can you tell me more about this? Do the prices drop on the wine lists, or do they sell bottles in a particular spot on the ship?

thanks!

On our last cruise on Nautica, there were two wine sales that were held on sea days. A wide variety of reds, whites and sparkling wines were on display on Deck 5 at the top of the Grand Staircase, near the boutiques.

Cheers,

Don

On our last cruise on Nautica, there were two wine sales that were held on sea days. A wide variety of reds, whites and sparkling wines were on display on Deck 5 at the top of the Grand Staircase, near the boutiques.

Thanks for the info! And no corkage fees on these? Great!

Thanks for the info! And no corkage fees on these? Great!

Usually you pay corkage fees for wine bought off the ship & taken to the dining venues if you drink it in your cabin No fees

Wine purchased ON the ship will have the added 18% tax/gratuity

In additon to the wine sales others have mentioned, where they have a display table with wines & their discounted prices displayed they also may have a 'bulk buy ' or package offer.

They create a list of wines with perhaps 'buy 3' or 'buy 5' columns. You can mix your selections to achive the pricing thresholds. I believe these promotions are created by the Head Sommelier so what is offered at what price and how often is dependant on their promotions and interest in balancing their cellar's inventory.

The head Sommelier we had on Regatta Panama cruise in this Nov/Dec was excellent and was very helpful and ensured we were never wanting for wine!

Don't know when that was but perhaps a change before or after ours in Dec. or could be because the promotion is designed by the head Sommelier including the terms of sale. As I said, our was excellent. I wish I remembered how to spell her first name, it sounded like Oana. Very well qualified and paid a lot of attention and time with staff training.

We were able to purchase wine at the discounted package price and all were differing varieties. The bottles were kept and available in whichever venue we were dining. "Mix and match" was definitely allowed.;)

I'm seriously considering taking the premium drinks package for our upcoming Regatta cruise; however the isn't much concrete information about what's included in the restaurants.

Has anyone taken the package on here? Were you limited to the "Wines by the glass" in the above wine list? I had read on another thread that on the $29 package that only 3 reds & 3 whites were included, and I don't want to be too limited in choice. I don't want to sound like an alcoholic :eek: but, as a couple we would be spending an average of $60-70 on a bottle of wine per meal.

Any advice or info much appreciated......hic!!!

I'm seriously considering taking the premium drinks package for our upcoming Regatta cruise; however the isn't much concrete information about what's included in the restaurants.

Has anyone taken the package on here? Were you limited to the "Wines by the glass" in the above wine list? I had read on another thread that on the $29 package that only 3 reds & 3 whites were included' date=' and I don't want to be too limited in choice. I don't want to sound like an alcoholic :eek: but, as a couple we would be spending an average of $60-70 on a bottle of wine per meal.

Any advice or info much appreciated......hic!!![/quote']

There is a thread by skiladyldp started 4/27/12 I just read with more detail about the Premium Beverage Package.

Has anyone taken the package on here? Were you limited to the "Wines by the glass" in the above wine list? I had read on another thread that on the $29 package that only 3 reds & 3 whites were included' date=' and I don't want to be too limited in choice. I don't want to sound like an alcoholic :eek: but, as a couple we would be spending an average of $60-70 on a bottle of wine per meal.

Any advice or info much appreciated......hic!!![/quote']

If you take the wine package that would save you $60 per meal

You can get wine by the glass at Lunch & Dinner @ $58 a day for the 2 of you ;)

do not think there is a limit on the number of glasses pp at each meal ..

Archived