Britannia Club

saintgeorge

Can anyone inform us what "extras" we might receive in this category of stateroom. (Queen Elizabeth)

We are looking forward to the single seating in the Dining Room - is there anything else we should know ??

As far as I know that's the only benefit.

Can anyone inform us what "extras" we might receive in this category of stateroom. (Queen Elizabeth)

We are looking forward to the single seating in the Dining Room - is there anything else we should know ??

That is one of the benefits of using a travel agent!

As far as I know that's the only benefit.

Lanky Lad, as far as I know, you're quite correct.

Oh, plus... the two or three "extra" items that one can order "off menu" in the main Britannia Restaurant appear "on menu" the Britannia Club. Or so I was told by someone who had been in both grades.

The choice of pillows that is promoted in Britannia Club is also available in Britannia Grade, just ask.

Of course you keep the same table for three meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) in "Club" Grade. Personally I like having tables in differing parts of the main restaurant for breakfast and lunch each day.

I think the bathrobes are towelling as opposed to the "waffle" ones in Britannia Grade.

At least on QE there is a separate restaurant, on QM2 "Club" passengers dine in an annexe to the main dining room.

I dined in the Caronia Restaurant on QE2 that had similar "single seating" dining in the evening. In practice however, people sharing a large table tended to "fix" the time of dining amongst themselves so... everyone arrived together at a set time, just as in the main Britannia Restaurant.

(It was good to meet you on QM2 last October Lanky Lad, very best wishes)

That is one of the benefits of using a travel agent!

Hahaha is that a joke I hope? Never used a travel agent ever..actually sort of been one in my past job and that's why I never use one!!! :p

...Oh, plus... the two or three "extra" items that one can order "off menu" in the main Britannia Restaurant appear "on menu" the Britannia Club....

Could someone elaborate on just what are these items you can order off menu in Britannia? Do you just ask the waiter what other items are available? Do they have limited availability?

Could someone elaborate on just what are these items you can order off menu in Britannia? Do you just ask the waiter what other items are available? Do they have limited availability?

Hi Ryancoke. Only once out of 11 voyages on QM2 were in Britannia Club. To the best of my recollection, there was an alternative menu in addition to the daily menu (both in the same "folder"). The alternative menu was fixed throughout the voyage. I did not ask the waiter if there were other items available. None of the others at our table for six asked either - I think we were quite happy with what was on offer. We did enjoy the flambe dessert made table-side. I think they sensed it was much appreciated on the first night, and then asked every night thereafter if we would like flambed (something or other) for dessert :)

There was another page to the Main Dining room menu in Club.

It did not change from day to day. It had a NY Strip Steak, a fish dish and some others. I believe some extra starters too, and deserts.

I looked through the menus they gave us at the end of our cruises, but this "Standard" page was not included, so I'm on memory here.

And yes, the Maitre D' would come around doing Flambe' with his cart every night.

Using some different fruit each evening. This is in addition to the deserts on menu.

The choice becomes hard...

To each his own, but we really enjoy knowing our same "Personal" table is there waiting for us Breakfast, lunch and Dinner whenever we wish to show up.

Early dinner - late show, early show - late dinner. Back from a long tour day - take nap and late dinner.

Also, we had the same servers all three meals, and got to know them well, and they us... after a few days, we did not need to ask for much, it was just there already.

The room is the same size as other glass front balconies, nothing really special here. But on QM2, they are on Deck 12.

I recommend the starboard side close to the pool, it makes for an easy trip to the little bar right at the end of the hall for a before dinner drink while getting dressed.... :rolleyes:

There was another page to the Main Dining room menu in Club.

It did not change from day to day. It had a NY Strip Steak, a fish dish and some others. I believe some extra starters too, and deserts.

I looked through the menus they gave us at the end of our cruises, but this "Standard" page was not included, so I'm on memory here.

And yes, the Maitre D' would come around doing Flambe' with his cart every night.

Using some different fruit each evening. This is in addition to the deserts on menu.

The choice becomes hard...

To each his own, but we really enjoy knowing our same "Personal" table is there waiting for us Breakfast, lunch and Dinner whenever we wish to show up.

Early dinner - late show, early show - late dinner. Back from a long tour day - take nap and late dinner.

Also, we had the same servers all three meals, and got to know them well, and they us... after a few days, we did not need to ask for much, it was just there already.

The room is the same size as other glass front balconies, nothing really special here. But on QM2, they are on Deck 12.

I recommend the starboard side close to the pool, it makes for an easy trip to the little bar right at the end of the hall for a before dinner drink while getting dressed.... :rolleyes:

Yankee Couple, yes, I agree with you about being on QM2 Deck 12 so close to the Pavillion Pool. That is a real joy. Oh except when there was a bit of weather. I would not recommend Deck 12 to anyone who suffers from sea sickness or doesn't enjoy rock n'roll :)

The maitre'd in Br. Club was always asking if we wanted any special dshes prepared. On the world cruise, we sometimes commented on a particularly good pasta dish we had at lunch, and he always reminded us that we could order it made for us at any time we wished. Also, when I was under the weather one lunch, he called our room and sent me a special tray with soup that was not on the room service menu and called later in the afternoon to ask if I needed another. As the waiters really get to know you when they serve you 3 times a day, one of them made me the most incredible hot tea every day until I was all well (with fresh ginger, honey, lots of lemon, and lemongrass). He did this for another passenger as well.

For that personalized service and not standing en masse for dining room doors to open you will be happy to pay the upcharge.

I was in Britannia Club a couple of years ago.

We liked having the same waiters and neighbours for each meal. Breakfast was particularly good since there was a queue for breakfast and we could just walk past it.

They will do off menu dishes but it was not really encouraged.

The problem I have with Britannia Club is that it seems all those cabins are located on 12 Deck. Since they are changing all the other grades around in 2013, I wonder if the Britannia Club staterooms will be moved.

The problem I have with Britannia Club is that it seems all those cabins are located on 12 Deck. Since they are changing all the other grades around in 2013, I wonder if the Britannia Club staterooms will be moved.

The new 2013 deck plans show no changes as to which staterooms are assigned to Britannia Club on both the QM2 and the QE.

The only change I see is that the Britannia Club staterooms on the QM2 will be divided into two separate categories. The forward staterooms (12.012 through 12.028 port and 12.021 through 12.037 starboard) will be reclassified as a new category AC. The midships staterooms (12.030 through 12.056 port and 12.055 through 12.081 starboard) will continue to be classified as category AA.

Regards,

John.

Archived