Say it Isn't So!!

I just read a recent review of the Freedom of the Seas and they said that escargot was no longer on the menu. They were told the cruise line couldn't get it!!!

News reports claim the shortage begin shortly after a butter volcano erupted near the garlic fields of France.

On Voyager on March, escargot was replaced by scallops au gratin, which was served in the little escargot dish. It was absolutely delicious, and I would love for it to be a regular menu addition.

On Voyager on March, escargot was replaced by scallops au gratin, which was served in the little escargot dish. It was absolutely delicious, and I would love for it to be a regular menu addition.

BBM

Mouthwatering to say the least!

We just returned from a cruise on Celebrity, with the same problem. They said it had something to do with a tsunami in the Far East. I don't eat escargot anyway, so DH was the sad puppy at the table that night! Celebrity used their escargot dishes to serve crab-stuffed mushrooms -- delicious, but it took quite a while for them to cool down enough to eat! Scallops au gratin sounds like a great alternative, too. :cool:

We love the escargot but the scallops au gratin sounds like a nice alternative.

We just returned from a cruise on Celebrity, with the same problem. They said it had something to do with a tsunami in the Far East. I don't eat escargot anyway, so DH was the sad puppy at the table that night! Celebrity used their escargot dishes to serve crab-stuffed mushrooms -- delicious, but it took quite a while for them to cool down enough to eat! Scallops au gratin sounds like a great alternative, too. :cool:

On the same Celebrity with you and thought the mushrooms were VERY tasty!

• 1 month later...

Have been too busy working to keep up with all,of the news here on CC. So we were surprised and disappointed this week when there was no escargot at dinner. They did serve the scallops in a sauce similar to the escargot sauce. Mr Ski is allergic to scallops though so he missed out. It is a good thing that the sauce is the reason I get it though....because the scallops were smaller than a baby aspirin....and I am not exaggerating.

Archived