Leaving from Bayonne tomorrow....just a quick question...

DonnaK

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that there is a park with a 9/11 memorial near Cape Liberty.

Can anyone provide more info? Directions? I'd like to stop there before getting to the port tomorrow morning.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that there is a park with a 9/11 memorial near Cape Liberty.

Can anyone provide more info? Directions? I'd like to stop there before getting to the port tomorrow morning.

are you driving in??? it is the teardrop memorial that is right next to the ship...you go RIGHT instead of left to drop bags/park..there are SMALL signs for the 911 memorial..

you'll go RIGHT past the big electronic sign ..you can park and walk over..you will be right next to the ship, and may or may not be asked to open the trunk...(in 4 times there only 1 time was the car inspected..:eek: considering you can park about 50-100 yards or LESS from the ship...you'd think they would check..)

you could walk from the ship after you check in but it's sort of a pain and they might not like it..

sounds hard, but just pay attention and it will make sense...

I can't find my photos, so the pic below was "borrowed" from Radio......;)

T4-vi.jpg

you're welcome...too bad it is yucky out....

enjoy your cruise...and again..it will make sense when you arrive....

I was thinking that we could also stop there after disembarking if the weather is too foggy or raining to truly appreciate it today, or to take good quality photos.

Archived